Preflop ranges

• wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      EP range:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2253/1/
      when I was platinum I copied preflop ranges from platinum section but I'm a bit confused:
      Why UTG vs CO 3bet and UTG vs BTN 3bet is the same(both defending range:AA-TT,AKo-AQo,KQo,AKs-AJs,KQs) ? or I copied it wrongly?

MP range:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2254/1/

And also MP vs CO 3bet and MP vs BTN 3bet is the same (defending both scenarios with AA-TT,AKo-AJo,KQo,AKs-AJs,KQs)

And also why UTG vs BB 3bet defending range is wider (AA-TT,AKo-AQo,AKs-AQs,KQs,QJs,JTs) than MP vs BB defending range (AA-TT,AKo,AKs-AQs,KQs,JTs)? Or I just copied it wrongly too?
  • 2 replies
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      I think because that is Value range for going vs their open raise range. Simple as that.

In one of Gold Academy videos Pleno1 explained it simply by telling that ranges he chose are one that are good vs ranges he expected on those positions.

That means you cant take those charts and use em as ROCK RULES. You need to see their range and see what your current hand can do vs their range.

like if you opened mp KJs, and button 3 bet you (his stats for 3 bet from BU 37 ), its quite easy for you to 4bet as value, or call their 3 bet...

same scenario if Villain 3 bet stats from BU are like 4, you have one easy fold, or maybe do like 4bet bluff, but I would more like to do it in that spot with hand like 98s, and similar...

Hope that helps...

DjolusVicenus
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      It is obvious what you said but I would like to know why they decided that UTG vs BB 3bet defending range should be wider (our defending range: AA-TT,AKo-AQo,AKs-AQs,KQs,QJs,JTs) than MP vs BB ( our defending range : AA-TT,AKo,AKs-AQs,KQs,JTs)?

Maybe I just made mistake in copying those ranges? I'm not platinum anymore so I can't check it.