Rake @ NL25 is 8-10bb/100????

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Surely this can't be right...

I checked my stats for todays session and rake was like 9.2bb/100.

Over 22,000 hands at NL25 I've paid 445 in rake = 8bb/100

I remember reading somewhere it was like 7bb/100 at NL10, surely it can't be more at NL25, since rake gets lower proportionally.
  • 4 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Please tell me that rake attributed includes opponents contribution to rake in pots I play and that I am not paying $12/hour in rake just to play...
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      google is your friend :)

rake in PT4 question
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I did google for bb/100 rake but couldn't find conclusive values, which I guess is due to the fact that you pay less/more rake in bb/100 if you play tighter/looser.

I am more just incredulous that it is this high, well above min wage generated in rake while 6 tabling regular tables.

There is really such a big spot here for a poker site to make money from advertising instead, while winning players would be crushing, B/E players would be winning and losing players would be B/E. I know fish don't care about rake, but there are so many more regs than fish. And if you only need to be 1bb/100 pre rake (-9bb/100 post rake) then I think edges could be bigger playing regs than fish. And if fish could somehow get the idea that they lose less/win more with no rake it would be great.

Obviously I am just dreaming but it would be nice. Rake is of course too much for the greedy sites to give up, but I can dream that PokerStrategy/Playtech or some other site will one day try advertising revenue poker site instead of rake revenue.
    • everyoneissolid
      everyoneissolid
      Gold
      PokerStars: Rake Analysis ;)