This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rake @ NL25 is 8-10bb/100????

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Surely this can't be right...

I checked my stats for todays session and rake was like 9.2bb/100.

Over 22,000 hands at NL25 I've paid 445 in rake = 8bb/100

I remember reading somewhere it was like 7bb/100 at NL10, surely it can't be more at NL25, since rake gets lower proportionally.
  • 4 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Please tell me that rake attributed includes opponents contribution to rake in pots I play and that I am not paying $12/hour in rake just to play...
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      google is your friend :)

rake in PT4 question
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I did google for bb/100 rake but couldn't find conclusive values, which I guess is due to the fact that you pay less/more rake in bb/100 if you play tighter/looser.

I am more just incredulous that it is this high, well above min wage generated in rake while 6 tabling regular tables.

There is really such a big spot here for a poker site to make money from advertising instead, while winning players would be crushing, B/E players would be winning and losing players would be B/E. I know fish don't care about rake, but there are so many more regs than fish. And if you only need to be 1bb/100 pre rake (-9bb/100 post rake) then I think edges could be bigger playing regs than fish. And if fish could somehow get the idea that they lose less/win more with no rake it would be great.

Obviously I am just dreaming but it would be nice. Rake is of course too much for the greedy sites to give up, but I can dream that PokerStrategy/Playtech or some other site will one day try advertising revenue poker site instead of rake revenue.
    • everyoneissolid
      everyoneissolid
      Bronze
      PokerStars: Rake Analysis ;)