Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10.25
      Hero:
      $12.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , Q:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      5 folds, CO raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, 2 folds, CO calls $2.00.

Flop: ($6.75) 3:heart: , J:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      CO raises $7.25 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14.00

What do you think guys? This could have been CO cbetting with nothing or possibly the pair of J's which gives me just backdoor flushdraw, gutshot and two overcards. Which would still come out around 10ish outs.

I really wanted to call here but my brain wasn't really in gear yet when this hand happened and i just stared at the hand rather than calculating odds and outs etc... so i folded to be safe. A ten second "request time" button would be really handy on party cash games.

I pay 7 to get 14 gives me 2 to 1 pot odds.

If i have 10 outs thats roughly 1.5 to 1 odds to complete by river.

Therefore i think i should have called...
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I give you clean 8 outs because if a Queen comes up, you might be up against a Straight.
      8 Outs
      =
      3 Kings
      1 BackDoor
      4 Gutshot Ten

Based on that its 2,2:1 needed, youve got 1,9:1

I doubt it because its on the edge but I would just fold here as you also could be against KJ,AJ and stuff in which your equity decreases dramatically.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      deleto
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I give you clean 8 outs because if a Queen comes up, you might be up against a Straight.
      8 Outs
      =
      3 Kings
      1 BackDoor
      4 Gutshot Ten

Based on that its 2,2:1 needed, youve got 1,9:1

I doubt it because its on the edge but I would just fold here as you also could be against KJ,AJ and stuff in which your equity decreases dramatically.
      trying to calculate clean outs like that isn't really useful. None of the outs are 100% clean, and you shouldn't deduct all 3 Q outs just because the opponent will sometimes have T8 or KT. I'd say Hero has about 9 outs on average, but estimating outs is hard in a situation like this.

also, he can't be cbetting, he's donkbetting
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi daphunk,

I would raise pre flop to 3,5$ and call the flop. On this board I also call why should he donk a very strong hand, maybe he is on a draw or something. I would give myself 8-10 outs.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Gold
      Originally posted by ysessa
      Hi daphunk,

I would raise pre flop to 3,5$ and call the flop. On this board I also call why should he donk a very strong hand, maybe he is on a draw or something. I would give myself 8-10 outs.
      isnt that SS section? I would fold preflop, CO seems to dangereous for you to raise such miniraise?