This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 53s Freeplay flush it.

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 10 Players
      Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $29.79 (119.2 bb)
      SB: $1.81 (7.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (20 bb)
      UTG: $23.80 (95.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $5.41 (21.6 bb)
      UTG+2: $28.04 (112.2 bb)
      MP1: $19.46 (77.8 bb)
      MP2: $8.78 (35.1 bb)
      MP3: $15.33 (61.3 bb)
      CO: $5 (20 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 5:club: 3:club:
      7 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) T:club: 6:club: A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.10) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

River: ($4.10) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

As I flopped a Flush, as a SS I would go broke and that was my clear intention. I only was thinking how to extract as much value out of this hand.
      Either it was:
      1. Take your own iniative and bet/bet/bet
      2. Check/call Flop and Bet Turn

I have chosen for the latter one but as soon as the turn card came, I wasn't thinking 'What if the 4th Club card comes on the board?'.

So Should I just continue betting on the Turn and River and shove it whenever possible?
      You saw my check on the river and that indicates uncertainty from my part as I had no idea what to do.

• 3 replies
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      hi gerv,

dont call minraises with hands like 53. Then checkraise the flop another :club: kills your action or you are behind. I would raise the flop to at least 1,7$.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      hi gerv,

dont call minraises with hands like 53. Then checkraise the flop another :club: kills your action or you are behind. I would raise the flop to at least 1,7$.
      Preflop mistake noted, thanks for that :)

Why do I have to c/r to at least $1.7 and not $1.5 which is 3x ?
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Gold
      not gunna talk about p/f becuase you already know you dont have the implied odds.

But on the flop i would bet atleast pot as 5 high flush can easily be outdrawn and therefore you need to protect the hand.

Because the pot is quite small due to the min-raise a 2/3rds pot bet would still give this guy some implied odds for a higher flush, so i would donk bet atleast pot.

Hard to say what i would do against an unknown on this limit as they would often just call if they hit their ace on the flop instead of protecting their hand. So i would probably go broke.

On higher limits though a check-fold would probably be the best approach as most calls will just be for drawing hands. Anyways just thought id put in my 2 pennies.