• 9 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      pay SB
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      leave! if u stay, they ll suck ur stack (ur giving implied odds)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I always leave immediately for the reason above (giving away implied odds)
      but I have heard more experienced players than me say that they play the round and fold everything except KK and AA - doesnt make sense to me though, paying SB for the round on the 1% chance you get those cards
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i don't know if this is right as an sss player but usually when i am playing i play on 4 tables on titan NL10 and as when you leave a table you have to rejoin the table with a minimum amount of what you left with i tend to deviate from sss a little. I play sss to the books and then instead of leaving because i find that i run out of tables quickly i change to a more bss style and stay on the table until i eitha get around £8 or the table goes cold then i leave. Doing this makes me more money than if i just get more than 25 bb then leave as then i won't be able to play anymore tables for an hour or so until the minimum buy in resets. how do other people play sss on titan?
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I dont think its wise to play partly SSS and partly BSS, you really should play either one or the other - but if there are no tables available I dont know what else you could do. I dont play on Titan - are there really that few NL10 tables?
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      there are about 20-30 tables i think but usually if your lucky only around 10 get partially full at the time i can get on, then after about 2 hours of play normally i have to play just bss as there are only 3 fullring tables running so then i play a sng aswel so i don't get bored. I would play another platform but pokerstrategy is registered to titan so i would not get ps points if i go elsewhere
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      pay SB

nvm my answer, I play a variation of the BSS
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I pay the SB and I always stay seated until the BB comes and then leave. Yes the AA KK (I admit, I also play AK) have smalls odds of popping, however, its paydirt when it does, and I have noticed that when you play SSS and then bet after winning, you often dont get any credit for a hand and get re-raised. You are typically in an early position as well, right where I like to be with a monster (or in the BB) I LOVE TO PUSH IT ALL ACROSS BEHIND AA KK WOOOOHOOOO
      oh yeah, and have fun, its all play money anyway, so if you want to look up 8 more hands for a SB contribution cause you feel HOT! Do it, just stay disciplined and wait patiently for the AA KK ----> they will find you, trust me
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Uhm when I start sss and double up or so I just switch strategy to bss...

why leave?

If you stay you will also do better in mtt cause it already prepares you to adjust game styles.