What The Hell!!!

• frazz4
      frazz4
      Silver
      Can some one tell me what the deal is with people raising 4x when they have A,K, 10+ to me it seams retarded, it just blows your range straight into the open.

I see people doing it all the time, 4x and call all in. I just don't get why, Is it a new thing i haven't herd about yet or what because i cant see the advantages
  • 5 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      extracting value.
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Silver
      Surly your loosing value as any sane player will notice what your doing so only give you action with the same or better cards
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      well most players wont notice, but overall it is very bad imo as the average reg will prob notice and exploit it easily. still I see lots of regs doing it and getting away with it.
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Silver
      ye, I haven't seen anyone exploit it yet because usually it just gets 3 bet shoved all in pre. only if someone flats and then a very connected board come that this person will fold usually they just open for 4x and decide their not folding.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Sound good if you open for 4x and get 3b shoves pre then over open raise. Becomes easy desiton. I open 4x UTG all of my utg opening range. Some do that for all EP positions and some really to it with premiums only what is wrong, but at micros not many pay attention to that so why not. You get callers even if u open 5x+ fish likes to see flops with rags so if table allows to get more value.. no probs then