[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - call a CO steal in BB w/ 22

• 5 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Well yeah that's the problem with playing small pairs out of position. This flop is one of the better ones for your hand and you still don't know what to do. You can call once, but then he might still fire a second barrel on the turn because he is pretty aggressive, either for value or as a bluff.
      So without a fantastic read, it's hard to calldown/go to showdown and also hard to get paid if you hit your set because he doesnt have a good hand often enough to play for stacks, that's why i would fold it preflop.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Just fold 'em.

You'll see a good flop once out of ten.

You'll check, he'll bet, you'll fold.

If you think he's on a steal, you re-raise PF and bet out on any flop. I wouldn't recomend doing that with 22, tho.

Just fold 'em.

PS.: You could C/R flop... but that's very risky
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thank you guys, I thought about exactly the same issues you mentioned here.

I was also thinking that a 3bet would be better preflop. What hands would you 3bet here? If you suggest like 66+,... then could you tell me what is the diffrence between 66 and 22? In playablity i think low PPs are the same. The only diffrence is when they fight against other low PPs, and either they can get to a cheap showdown, or hit sets both (the rarely set over set situation). Is this two effect enough to make 66 a significantly better hand than 22?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Co is aggressive. I´d 3-bet pf if he steal a lot.
      This is perfect board him to contibet, which makes it us perfect board to c/r, since he could only continue with Qx or better hand.
      Calling down with 22 is very hard.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd 3bet pf too, calling for set value is a mistake because most of the times his hand will be very weak.