Adjusting the Bronze Chart

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Adjusting Hands Chart

I have got about 50 000 hands now at the 50c/$1 limit and have thus got a nice database going. So using my HUD isnt it gonna be smart to adjust the starting hands chart in some spots.

eg. 16/4/3 (FR) raises unopened on CO. You got A5o in BB and it is folded to u. Chart says defend by calling with A5o.

Ok so this is what i am thinking. This guy only raises gold and isnt very positionally aware, as he would raise more if he was. Assuming he is not positionally aware and raises only the top 4% of hands (AA-99, AK-AQ) can i profitably defend here ?

How bout we say his pfr is 4% but he is positionally aware, ok so lets say in co he raises 7% of his hands (AA-88, AKs-A10s, AKo-AQo, KQs,KJs,KTs). Is A5o profitable to defend here ?

Sure u gotta factor in even if his range has you beat he is gonna miss enough flop, and there might be lines that u can take to get him off some of the time. My question is it enough of the time.

I am just wondering when i am right to adjust the chart hands based on player reads ? Also a guide on making these adjustment.
      I am quoting this from one of my other topics and am posting it here hoping for a beter response.

Ok in the above example i gave Yoghi u shouldnt call when u got less than 35% equity.

Board:
      Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 72.303 % 71.499 % 1.609 % 26.892 % 99+, AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 27.697 % 26.892 % 1.609 % 71.499 % As5h
      Ok so thus agaisnt this villian we fold, and have made an adjustment on the bronze chart when it comes to defending your big blinds.

Now i am looking for help in reconsising alot more situation to adjust and what adjsutments to make. I mean why 35%. I would like to understadn why defending your big blinds when u got less than 35% equtiy agaisnt his range. When i say understand i am also interested in the math behind it.

Another situation for me would be the 3-betting chart. How do u make adjustments against the 3 pfr, 7pfr, 10 pfr villians. What is this chart based on ? A standard opener. What is a standard opener ?

Come on guys help out this limit noob :D
  • 2 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Evilpopcorn,

you ask for advance strategies which are all decribed in our gold section. The easiest way to understand it is to become gold and get the approx chart as this has charts which are based on the PFR (both BB defend and 3-bet).
      Writing it all down here is way too much work and it's already in an article (with the math behind it I guess). I think you can understand that I'm not allowed to copy/paste it here. :)

The bronze chart is for beginners and against unknown opponent as it's too much for a beginner if you give him all the numbers (and they ooften don't have Elephant as well).

So the best you can do is to get gold and read the articles. It will improve you game a lot.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Aaaaah come on Cirith send me a pm with the articles ;) .

Sigh i dont have a poker account other than mansion linked to poker strategy :( .