Is is possible ?

• Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      I know this sounds weird but I feel like I lose beaing eaten up by the blinds. Lately I won about 120bb in the beginning of the session (NL25) and ended the session being eaten up by the blinds and losing small pot after small pot. The biggest pot I've lost was 20bb. Can this be true ? Might it be a cause of variance, run of cards etc. ?
  • 3 replies
    • Jmm256
      Jmm256
      Basic
      It is very likely variance, if it was only over one session it shouldn't really tell you anything.
      If you felt you were playing too tight out of the blinds though that is something you could look at and see if you can open up a little.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Post some blind stats and maybe the community can help :)

FYI, I've moved this to our NL Discussion board where it belongs

Regards,
      Gary.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Stevie8
      I know this sounds weird but I feel like I lose beaing eaten up by the blinds. Lately I won about 120bb in the beginning of the session (NL25) and ended the session being eaten up by the blinds and losing small pot after small pot. The biggest pot I've lost was 20bb. Can this be true ? Might it be a cause of variance, run of cards etc. ?
      Hi, Stevie8

It is quite possible that you can play 13 orbits without a hand you can open raise if you just get really, really crappy cards, or you follow people who raise too much or the people that follow you make it tough to steal.

In that case you would be down 20 BB -- or more if you open raised and had to fold.

Do you have tracking software?

What are your vpip & pfr in each position?
      You might be playing too tight.

Best of luck,
      --VS