MP: $313.30
      CO: $423.60
      BTN: $386.00
      SB: $410.80
      Hero (BB): $478.65
      UTG: $454.00

Pre Flop: ($6.00) Hero is BB with T:heart: A:diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $12, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($24.00) 5:club: T:club: Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $16.00, SB raises to $44, Hero calls $28

Turn: ($112.00) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $110.00, Hero folds

Villain has 49% sb opening range and is one of the most aggro regs on NL400. Overall stats are abouit 25/21 over 2.6K. Just checked his winning and realised he is losing 56bb/100 over this sample, which is quite surprising because I perceive him as a copmetent reg.

What kind of range do you think he has, what is his plan on the river? How should we play AT/KQ/55?
  • 7 replies
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      x/r oop stat would definitely help our decision making here
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Flop check raise is 17%, though I didn't check it at the time...tbh don't think this stat will help much as this is a very specific situation
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Originally posted by maritsula
      Is there a x/r IP possible ?
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze

hah, good point. Its not! :)
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by unshpe
      Originally posted by maritsula
      haha;p good point!

Even though i am not skilled enough, for the sake of discussion here are my thoughts

If he is one of the most aggro regs at the stake maybe we need ti defend AT ott and call blank river as we would expect many oesd/fd in his range

Against v aggro villain I think a good adjustment is to bet polarised and check behind with medium strength hands.

Vs a 49% opening range second pair top kicker should be in the top of our range
    • arsenalua
      arsenalua
      Platinum
      I think villian is strong here, because board hits your range much more than his, so if he checks you would bet a lot of hands in your range and he can get more from you with his sets and two pairs. But obv. there should be some bluffs, though I don't think you can call.
      The best way here I think is to check back flop. You won't get even two streets from worse pairs, draws more likely are barreling here and you're not afraid to overcards.
      I will check flop & call most of the turns and rivers. If he checks turn we are definetly ahead and should bet turn, on some cards maybe even river.
    • Iam2good
      Iam2good
      Bronze
      X/R stat is very important IMO. 17% isn't very high but not very low either. I would say that he could do this with draws, therefore calling flop+folding turn is bad. You could def check the flop, and still get 2 streets of value if you want. Because a good regular will never check call a draw, he either bets it or check raises.
      Also you give us not enough information about villian. Saying he losing 56/100BB( Very small sample, so could be easily a winning player) doesn't help us.