[NL20-NL50] NL25 flush hunter

    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2008 Posts: 1,851
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $31,01
      BB:
      $25,00
      MP3:
      $32,38
      CO:
      $57,41
      BU:
      $37,88

      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1,00, BU folds, Hero calls $0,90, BB folds.

      Flop: ($2,25) 2:spade: , 8:diamond: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2,00, Hero raises to $5,50, CO raises to $15,00, Hero raises to $30,01 (All-In), CO calls $15,01.

      Turn: ($62,27) 6:club:
      River: ($62,27) Q:spade:


      Final Pot: $62,27

      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (Jd Ad)
      CO shows two pairs, nines and eights (9c 8c)

      CO wins with two pairs, nines and eights (9c 8c)

      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 37,071% 37,071% 0,000% 62,929% AdJd
      Player 2: 62,929% 62,929% 0,000% 37,071% 9c8c


      I did hare really 37% chance? hats good to push, isnt it?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      You have no fold equity once you shove.
      So I rather like to fold on the flop, since Co would probably take free card with overpair and 3-bet with two pair and better.
      And I like to 3-bet pf.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.11.2007 Posts: 126
      I'm a wimp. I call PF, I call flop, I fold turn when he bets.

      You had 34% chance to get 50% of the money, meaning you're losing 16% of your monies doing these things...
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2008 Posts: 1,851
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      You have no fold equity once you shove.
      So I rather like to fold on the flop, since Co would probably take free card with overpair and 3-bet with two pair and better.
      And I like to 3-bet pf.
      so fold after re-raised c/r?

      or can I r/c
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2008 Posts: 1,851
      Originally posted by kukac26
      I'm a wimp. I call PF, I call flop, I fold turn when he bets.

      You had 34% chance to get 50% of the money, meaning you're losing 16% of your monies doing these things...
      It has no sence to play draws this weak, 24,5$ to call to 37,75(+24,5) win.

      thats 39,35%:60,64%

      and I have 37%:63%

      against overpait it is 47:52 (against AA 38%:61%)
      against set 26:73

      that means I made EV+ push
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.11.2007 Posts: 126
      that means I was in 3,5% cases behind, NOT in 16%!!!
      That is one way of looking at it...

      You're heads up... and he might have hit a set..

      I might be wrong, but playing draws this strong HU doesn't work out all that well for me..
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.01.2008 Posts: 1,851
      Originally posted by kukac26
      that means I was in 3,5% cases behind, NOT in 16%!!!
      That is one way of looking at it...

      You're heads up... and he might have hit a set..

      I might be wrong, but playing draws this strong HU doesn't work out all that well for me..
      actually I updated the messsage