This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Challenging micro limits and achievements

• SunnyD4y
      SunnyD4y
      Bronze
      Hi,my name is Blaz and i coming from Slovenia.I have been playing poker since i was eighteen.This is for 9 years now.
      I have swinging from cash to SnG's and tourneys and i have never success with moving up the limits so well, i am stuck, no matter if i was cashout couple of times.

This year i met here a man who has helped me so much as nobody else before didn't.He gave me a very good articles, this include prof. clips for beating 6max cash games and a very very good book i got yesterday with a strategy beating from micro limits up to nl1000 or maybe even more.
      Considering that he wanted to help me i wasn't that serious enough to succed for half year now.I am prepared now to achieve goals.

Here ill track my progress and im starting from nl5 6max speed-poker on ipoker.Im gonna play 2 tables and gradually ill open them more when ill be prepared and got permission for that, because im under a stake with that man.
      So lets hope this will be a motivation for me and either you if you're on the same stage.
      In the next post ill start with a goal to achieve this month and tell you what have i learned on the day when i was studing the things and what affect it has on the game.

well, let's start...
  • 3 replies
    • SunnyD4y
      SunnyD4y
      Bronze
      Approach to the game have changed from the days and i have also learned some new things like playing a poker for a business and not for fun,that the luck has a very low inpact on the long run, and this could be achieve either in 2 months or even less if you're a big grinder and its important to refresh those things from time to time to keep discipline and have a big motivation.

So yesterday i have learned also a bit how to use equity equilator which helps me especialy on blinds where the VPIPs are bigger from a players who steals them and how loose i can call them to be profitable or even make more pressure on them with a 3-betting.Also i have trained the reasons to raise,bet ,call,check or fold and im still learning it because its not that easy to know that things.

The graph shows for the past 7 days when i decide its no other way to been succesefull than learning from the mistakes, reading good articles, watching clips and one of them writing this blog :)

The graph is very nuts and i know it wont last long because things will start running over me and ill need a discipline to know when its the right time to press a pause button and refresh a mind.

Goals this month:

[ /] Read the book
      [ /] Play 20k of hands
      [ / ] Analyze some of the most crucial hands, or the biggest ones
      [ /] Watch 5 live session videos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The villain is unknown only 3 hand history,he is prob a fish, i 3bet PF and cont. bet i got called on the turn i check because i want to know how strong he could be, and on the river i make a big mistake, i should check-call half pot to make a note on him, also a bigger bet on flop.. obv he has a flush

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.26 (105.2 bb)
      UTG: $5.83 (116.6 bb)
      MP: $1 (20 bb)
      CO: $2.01 (40.2 bb)
      BTN: $12.24 (244.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.80 (116 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40, BTN folds

Flop: ($1) A 4 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, UTG calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.30) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($2.30) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, UTG raises to $2.80, Hero folds

Results:
      $5.10 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: A 4 8 T 5
      UTG mucked and won $4.85 ($2.35 net)
      Hero mucked J A and lost (-$2.50 net)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • SunnyD4y
      SunnyD4y
      Bronze
      Villain is a loose passive fish..couldn't set him on a range of only 10 hands but
      50/17 stats shows much..i push AI on turn in guess he may be on a draw or he could fold 10 instead.

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.71 (34.2 bb)
      UTG: $1.52 (30.4 bb)
      MP: $2.09 (41.8 bb)
      CO: $5.19 (103.8 bb)
      BTN: $5.06 (101.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $8.75 (175 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7 6
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB folds, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 6 A T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $8 and is all-in, MP calls $1.34 and is all-in

River: ($4.23) T (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $4.23 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A T 8 T
      MP showed J A and won $4.02 ($1.93 net)
      Hero mucked 7 6 and lost (-$2.09 net)
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Bro , you are spewing again ;) .

I suggest you to go rewarch some of the videos and articles you ve mentioned.
      Also hand evaluation thread might help ya greatly.
      THere are some good judges in there .

Cheers and good luck