such poor traffic

• Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      I wanted to take a break from poker stars due to so many good grinders at even the lowest stakes....never mind that (another thread) but in any case couple opinions and a couple questions for my pokerstrategy brother and sisters;

The 200% bonus for first depositer sounds great however I have been looking at traffic from 3am in the morn. till 1700 hours....I multi .25/50 and sit down with 40 bb (not sure if 40bb is even possible at titan) nl full ring...OMG at any time there is like no more than 2 1/2 tables running...1 table is full the other has 6/9 players. I even checked out 1/2 nl full ring....again your lucky if 1 table is running at any time of day. If I want to stick to any sort of bakroll managaement and deposit 400$......I dont think I could even come close to clearing the bonus....i play approx 2-5 hours per day 10 - 12 tables.

any regulars at Titan able to change my opinion....is the traffic usually better? Maybe this is just a site if you want to play 1 table at very high stakes? If this is the case any one want to suggest a better site to start at and take advantage of 1st deposit bonus where more than 2 tables are running.

One last thing...do you people think that their vip cash back rewards are competitive with other sites?

Just added this; speaking of traffic I'm amazed at how polarized the traffic is between pokerstars vs any other site at almost any time of day..and not by 2x or 3x...but by 10x +. I guess me going to Titan will add one extra "1" to their trafic number.....bt is also a big reason I am worried....analagy...if i see resteraunts and one is jam packed while another has 2 customers...generally speaking the one with few patrons has bad food....in any case please prove me wrong Titan.
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Gbuyer
      The 200% bonus for first depositer sounds great however I have been looking at traffic from 3am in the morn. till 1700 hours....I multi .25/50 and sit down with 40 bb (not sure if 40bb is even possible at titan) nl full ring...OMG at any time there is like no more than 2 1/2 tables running...1 table is full the other has 6/9 players. I even checked out 1/2 nl full ring....again your lucky if 1 table is running at any time of day. If I want to stick to any sort of bakroll managaement and deposit 400$......I dont think I could even come close to clearing the bonus....i play approx 2-5 hours per day 10 - 12 tables.
      Well, you are going about it the right way.
      I play on William Hill -- another iPoker site -- and the traffic is decent at certain times, and very low the rest of the time.

To make a short stack strategy worthwhile, you need full tables, and you need to have no other shortstackers.

I don't know your time zone, so I will quote times in UTC (Z) to avoid hassles w/ summer time. I play 6Max BSS at NL 4 and I can easily get 6 tables from 11:00 Z to 00:00 Z -- after that it drops off quickly.

I play speed poker too (NL 5), and I can open 4 tables if there are more than 300 in the player pool. I close 1 table for every 50 players less than 300.

When the player pool drops below 100, I just don't play any more. In order to avoid long waits, the tables get short handed, and with less than 100 in the pool, it is not uncommon to play hands vs 3 or even two other opponents.

I try to play in my early morning, because in my evening traffic is low, and players are much better than I.

On the bonus:
      At NL 4/5 I average about $0.45 rake per 100 hands.
      You clear the bonus at a rate of $5.00 per $16.00 rake (400 points)
      So you can clear $5.00 every 3600 hands or so.

If you play at higher limits, it goes roughly in proportion up to about NL 25

That is about 31% rakeback -- not too bad, actually.

While you are doing that, you earn points, and you can purchase more bonuses with them < I am assuming Titan has a similar set up to William Hill.

I find the games OK for my skill level.

I can't advise you on playing at WH with such a short stack.
      There are LOT of short stackers -- esp on speed poker -- and many of them have just two preflop plays: Push or fold, and are relatively easy to play against.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • pockettones
      pockettones
      Bronze
      Depends when you play. Offpeak there are around 3k players, peak time 11k+, iPoker is 3rd in traffic behind Fulltilt (but ofc iPoker is split into 1 and 2). As for rakeback, Titan poker rb is pretty good, make sure you opt in for cash game diplomas, power hour weekends, and the Grand Battle. I think WH offers slightly better RB for higher stakes (partially because of PS gemstone promotion).