Simulation software for holdem

• kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Hi,

Im looking for a simulation software for analyzing situations in poker, for ex. how many flops do you hit with your range/card, how much equity can you realize on early streets and how much comes from turned or runner-runner outs etc. (ofc I know Equilab but some of the features above are just missing from it)

Also I'd make good use of a variance calculator, since the Ev++ site is offline for a while now, and the standalone version of it that is available here and there contains a virus, and I havent been able to find an alternative of it yet.

So if you know such tools please give me a link where I could get them.

Thanks in advance.
  • 6 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      The main one I know there is Combonator and I think Flopzilla do the same but they're both paid for programs
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      You can do quite a lot in Equilab I think.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      For these exact calculations you could buy propokertools Odds Oracle, with some creativeness and learning the "PQL" programming language that's used in it, you can calculate these easily. However, for one, I don't think it's worth the price (89$) compared to e.g Combonator, that gives you at least half of the answers for half the price, or just plain old paper and pen (and Equilab).

In my experience those miniscule calculations don't really worth your time, since either you'll have to make massive simplifications, that will effect your results by a lot (and therefore make the calculations less accurate and useful), or you have to invest a tremendous amount of time into it, just to find some borderline hands, and a lot of obvious ones. I'm not arguing that it's not useful, but I believe it's really really uneffective, and you could spend your learning-time much better than that. Or if you can't, use that time to play and crush high-stakes in no time.:)

For the EV++ calculator: I actually have it downloaded, and it doesn't contain a virus for me, I'm gonna run an all-around virus check on it, let you know the results.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Well, EV++ has a 6/46 detection ratio, so I'm not convinced either way, but all the different scanner show different viruses, so I tend to believe they're virus-free. Anyway, if you're interested, let me know, contact me on Skype or stg.
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Thanks for the comments guys, I will check out these youve mentioned.

I asked the creator about the EV++ simulator on 2p2 a few months ago and he said there is a python interpreter built in it, which may seem suspicious for some AV engines, but Im still unsure. Somebody linked it in an old
      thread and the link was removed because it gave warnings to people who downloaded it.
      I also downloaded it from a different link that was given, and Avira just snapquarantined it and altered me that its malicious, tho when I uploaded it to virustotal it didnt marked it as a positive. I sent the installed to the avira labs for further investigation, but they didnt reply, I guess no one takes care of that function at avira anymore.
      In the end I decided not to use it, cause I aint wanna suck in some crap that steals my room passwords or something.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Well, I've been using it for at least a year, no money stolen so far, nor did anything bad happen. But sure, you can never be too careful these days...