[NL2-NL10] NL10: AA, fold on turn?

• funktor
      Would you fold this on Turn?

BTW 7 is number of the day... it beat my AA two times today in one session :(

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      7 players

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $3.20
      UTG+1: $11.55
      MP1: $10
      CO: $6.30
      Button: $10.60
      SB: $21.40
      BB: $2

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with A A
      Hero raises to $0.4, 5 folds, BB calls $0.3 (pot was $0.55).

Flop: 7 7 6 ($0.85, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.8, BB calls $0.8 (pot was $1.65).

Turn: 4 ($2.45, 2 players)
      BB is all-in $0.8, Hero calls $0.8 (pot was $3.25).

River: 5 ($4.05, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.05)

Final pot: $4.05
      BB showed Ac 7h
      Hero mucks As Ah
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      I would go broke here as well :( nice play.
    • Gerv
      HI Funktor!

As you have a stack of 32BB, you always can choose to fold anytime as proper SSS play is not applicable here.

As I see it:
      Flop: Villain calls on a very dry but Flushy pairy board.
      So he has either a draw or made Trips.

On the Turn he decides to Donkbets with the 3rd .

on NL10 , just follow ABC SSS and I think he made his flush or straight or whatever holding he has to crack Aces.

Flopbet should be 60c and from there, you actually know enough if he calls ;)
    • davidangel
      Very tough to fold AA. Did you have any play read or stats? or did he recently sit down with $2 and wait for the blind?

Personally, I would be all-in after the flop. His weak play from the blind indicates he is holding a drawing hand, and that is a scary drawing board. All-in bet from you gives him 2:1 odds to call meaning he will need to hold 89 or QXs. Since you have already accomplished the SSS task, the AA you are looking at represents bonus$$ which means take what you can (even if its only the blinds) and run.

As for the bad beat... shrug it off, eat a samich, A7 donk will pass your 2 bucks on soon enough
    • Gerv
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Personally, I would be all-in after the flop.
      I wouldn't actually as Villains will only call u if they have a decent hand/draw

Thus c-bet and evaluate the Turn is more safer and I think more valuable as you keep some marginal holdings in the hand.
    • DaPhunk
      Wow, tricky decision here!

Given the opponent is Uknown/ Not completely retarded;

I am folding here because i think he often has the flush. Villains love to call with suited hands so i think he'll have the flush a lot.

I'm not contemplating him holding one of the two other 7's because I'm still pushing my Aces if the flush draw doesn't complete. I think holds the 7 a small enough % of the time for me to make profit in the long run and he's just making an odd play.

If the opponent is a proven idiot;

Easy push. There are so many hands he could be playing here. trying to bluff you, trying to slowplay a monster (88+ AJ+ or KQ) or just playing the old ATC.

The fact that its two 7's on the board make it more likely he has trips though! Some people just love to play 72o so they can smirk afterwards and say "HAH! I BEAT YOU WITH THE WORST HAND IN THE GAME, WHAT A RETARD YOU ARE!" - True story :p
    • ysessa
      Hi funktor,

no way to fold an overpair with this good odds. nice hand well played