Kimber88's SnG and Omaha carrer

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hello evryone and welcome to my new blog.

I play now only SnG because that's what I find to be the most fun.

Me:
      Name: Anders

Poker Carrer:
      Played for fun and nickles with friends from school. I started playing a bit online but I lost everything I deposited. Then found PS and now I'm plyaing with strict BRM and with few mistakes. I want poker to make an extra income for me, so that I can buy stuff for myself and my girlfriend once on a while.

Platforms:
      PartyPoker (Kimber1988, tracked)
      Full Tilt (Kimber88, not tracked)

Tactic:
      Very tight and agressive. I play almost according to basic SHC but I vary it to make it fit the game according to stage and stack.
      I never slow play. No need to give your opponents free cards and get lucky.

I believe:
      Tight is right - tighter is righter!

BRM:
      As mentioned I follow it very strict.
      I play with a 45/30Bi rule, meaning I move up when I have 45 or more buyins for the next level and I move down if I have 30 or less buyins for my current level.

Goals for September:
      Optimize my game and play SnG's without mistakes
      Beat the $1 limit on both platforms
      Get my silver status back

Stats:
      I use Sharkscope for stats, but it doesn't update that well on Party. Works fine on Tilt though.
      So right now I also use a spreadsheet in excel to keep track of my results.
      I have also downloaded PokerTracker 3 and is testing that.

Game Approach:
      - Start client
      - Open excel spreadsheet to take notes on stake, position and profit/loss.
      - Open two tables
      - Play and focus. Make no mistakes (losses are easier to handle if you know you played the hand right).
      - When a game is over for me I open new table
      - Play about 10 tables total
      - Read and comment sample hands on the board
      - Watch videos and read articles

That's it for now. Hope you will find my blog interesting to follow.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
  • 54 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Kimber88,

Nice write up. I'll be back for more.

Best of luck!
      Stiev
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      So it's time for my first update on this new project. This post summarises my whole day.

Session:
      Platform: PartyPoker
      SnG's playes: 15
      Stake: $1
      Profit/Loss: +$7 (7Bi)
      ROI: 53.33%
      Level of play: acceptable
      StrategyPoints: 7.5

Focus for next session:
      - Have a little more patience. The cards will come.
      - Read bronze articles before the session.
      - Re-read the articles after the session.
      - watch videos both before and after session.

Sample hands and maybe a graph will be included in tomorrows update.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Nice read but i think that sharkcope dosn't update well are due to the fact it only covers the step tournament on party.

BTW then does the 1$ sitngos go on at Party I know there should be some but everytime i checked there wasn't any forcing me to play over BRM at the time I had some funds on Party.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      When you play $1 SnG on party you have to be fast. They don't have open tables all the time. Click the $1 tab and wait for a table to open. It won't take more than 30 sec. And when it opens, then be fast, cause they fill up really quick.

I'm going to read some sample hands now and watch a little video, and then I'll play my first session of the day.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Great read, will follow with interest, as i am having a dabble with the $1 sng for fun :)
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by punta
      Great read, will follow with interest, as i am having a dabble with the $1 sng for fun :)
      Thanks. It's nice to know that someone's reading.. :)

Tonight I will update with a post that I hope will include a small graph. Todays session isn't going very well so far. Down a little more than 3Bi. But I'll get that back within the evening I think.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi Kimber88,

nice blog! It is always great to see someone concentrate solely on the SNGs like I do..
      I suggest you download Pokertracker, it has 1 month free trial I think and tracking your progress with this program is far more convenient than using an excell spreadsheet IMO..
      Don't worry too much about losing today as long as you keep playing well with few mistakes. You made 7$ yesterday in 15 SNGs which means a ROI of almost 50%. This is kind of high if you are just beginning to play SNGs with the right strategy so the variance has to catch up with you sooner or latter..

Good luck at the tables and keep us updated!
      Lubor
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Kimber! Good luck on your switch from SSS to SNGs!

I have good faith in you being able to move up the limits ;)
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      @ SoyCD
      Thanks for the support. My game is pretty well, so I think you might be right about it.. :)

@ LuborC
      Thanks for you response and advice. I downloaded PT3, but in the tournament tab it shows my SnG's, my buyin and then it tells me that I lost them all. Which isn't true.. ;)

Have you tried this?

Edit: Think I just found out what the problem is.. :P
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Yes, it does that. I think it only works for Full Tilt, for Pokerstars you can make it work and for all the other sites you have to enter the results manually. I think it is still better than just an excell sheet, though. And they promise to work on it so one of the next versions of Pokertracker should already be enterring the tourney results automatically..
      Or if you found out a better way to enter tournament results let me know!

Edit: I just realised that you're playing at Party. You have to enter the results there manually as far as I know..
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      That's right. I found out. It's a shame that it doesn't do it automatically, but it's better than a spreadsheet.

Stay tuned for tonights update.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      The Story:
      Last night I met a girl. Her name was Lady Luck. We walked together and I had a feeling she might be the one for me. We agreed to meet again today the same place. at first I couldn't find her, but then she cam out of nowhere and we walked together again.
      Suddenly she stopped and looked at me. That's when she said: "I hav not been completely honest with you. My name is not Lady Luck, I'm Variance. And you're not the only one I'm seeing. She left me and I was devistated.

Today's session:
      Games played: 44
      Profit/Loss: -$9.60
      ROI: -21.82%
      Level of play: Below average
      StrategyPoints: 21

Carrer stats:
      Games played: 61
      Avr. Stake: $1
      Profit/Loss: -0.80
      ROI: -1.33%

Focus before next session:
      Study bubble play like mad
      Watch more movies
      Read more articles
      Read and comment more sample hands
      Find out if 3 tables fit me as well as 2

Notes for the day:
      I really have to learn more about playing the bubble game. I have no count of how many 4th places I have had today. Many bad beats, but also some bad decisions.

I have ordered Collin Moshman's book Sit n Go Strategy, and I'm looking forward to read it.

Carrer graph:

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      Hey,

Nice blog!
      Somehow the $1 SNGs are harder than the $3 ones, so if you stick to BRM you'll be ace when you get to the next level!
      You should use these spreadsheets I found on the internet, its amazing.
      https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/aseth/www/poker/Cwik_PokerSpread.xlsm
      https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/aseth/www/poker/sngspreadsheet.xls

Good luck on your next sessions!
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey all. Played 6 SnG's today just to see how the tables was on a sunday morning. Won 1 and came second in 1. In one I went out after someone got a runner runner straight against my AA. I another the same happened to my QQ.

Session:
      Game: NLHE
      Games played: 6
      Profit/Loss: +$0.60
      ROI: 6.67%
      Level of play: Above average
      Strategy Points: 3

Carrer stats:
      Games played: 50
      Avr. Stake: $1
      Profit/Loss: -$0.40
      ROI: -0.61

Notes:
      I did not do the things that I said I woul before this session. I just played a little to find out somehing about the playing level on sunday mornings.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hello all. Time for a small update on my BRM.

After reading articles and calculating back and forth I have found that my BRM my be a bit too strict. Or actually way too strict. I have therefor decided to change the ranges of my BRM.

I now play after a 45/30Bi. I move up with 45 Bi or more, and move down with 30 Bi or less.

That's it for now.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I like your new BRM, it is pretty much what I'm doing right now...
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      What went wrong?
      Everything!
      I played really bad, when I played good I was rivered. I tilted, I called hands that wasn't good enouh - and I knew it even before I did it.

Why?
      I'm not sure what happened to me. I have been pissed off lately because of the level on $1 SnG. Everyone raising and calling everything with an ace or a king and they hit what they need. I thought "I can do that too you bastards". Boy was I wrong. Whenever I tried I ran into a brickwall. So I decided to take a single shot at the $3 though my BR wasn't totally ready for it yet. But there was better blind structure and better opponents, and I finished 2nd.

The most emberassing session ofmy life:
      Platform: Party Poker
      Games played: 21
      Avr Stake: $1.67
      Profit/Loss: -$15.7
      ROI: -42.5%
      Level of play: Worse than ever
      Strategy Points: 13

Notes:
      No more playing today. This is not my day. I'll watch an S'n'G video and then I'll go out and do something physical.

Cheers,
      Kimber88
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Don't ever try to play like those donks it won't work. It only works when you are a noob and have the noob rig with you. :D
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      My crappy play must be rubbing of on you - played a few today and my results to date with a $20 bank are -$19.30 I am now playing the $0.50c ones :)