[NL2-NL10] NL10 K2s in SB

• davidangel
      I have no idea why I played these cards.... or even bet with them, but I did.

Table Strato Jet - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em
      Seat 1: The French D ($1.60)
      Seat 2: JS Lavoie ($4.80)
      Seat 3: jwerner1 ($3.05)
      Seat 4: Tina 105 ($1.50)
      Seat 5: blindcow ($7.65)
      Seat 6: thundurclese ($1.90)
      Seat 7: waga ($9.90)
      Seat 8: 1Clay ($3.15)
      Seat 9: YankSmasher ($6.50)
      The French D posts the small blind of $0.05
      JS Lavoie posts the big blind of $0.10
      The button is in seat #9
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to The French D [Ks 2s]
      jwerner1 folds
      Tina 105 folds
      blindcow folds
      thundurclese calls $0.10
      waga folds
      1Clay folds
      YankSmasher folds
      The French D calls $0.05
      JS Lavoie checks
      *** FLOP *** [7s Jh Kc]
      The French D bets $0.20
      JS Lavoie folds
      thundurclese calls $0.20
      *** TURN *** [7s Jh Kc] [8h]
      The French D bets $0.40
      thundurclese calls $0.40
      *** RIVER *** [7s Jh Kc 8h] [2c]
      The French D bets $0.90, and is all in
      thundurclese folds
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Davidangel, please stick to the starting hand chart.

I know its tempting(I've been there) to complete when you're in the small blind and have a King or Ace in your hand, but until you've played several 10k hands just stick to the chart.

Sounds a bit like you're getting bored waiting for good hands. I had exactly the same problem when i started which is why i starting playing more tables. If say you play 1 table now. Add another, and when you think "heh, this is easy" add another.

That way you Won't get bored waiting for a good hand to come up cos you're more likely to see one sooner!

Word of warning though, don't go and open up 12 tables or something silly cos you'll just get overrun at this stage. As soon as you miss something on a table reduce how many you're playing by 1.

hope this helps.
    • gaz639
      i used to have this same problem, i used to play 1 or 2 tables and get bored, i didnt play this loose but when i was in the small blind i did think will its just 0.05c to see the flop a lot, ive gradually gone up to 4 tables now and i have found i play only the better hands now, its good advice you should give it a go, just dont jump into the deep end
    • davidangel
      yes, I found I played to few tables and got bored. My ego would take over and I lost.... time and time again :( Boohoo (how else do you lose $12 in 10 minutes on NL10 tables?)
      I have settled into 6-8 tables NL10 and play very disciplined, my bankroll is steadily increasing, just as promised. Sometimes I bend the rules slightly, playing AJ or KQ in MP3, as an example.
      This hand is an example of something that happens very rarely to me, I am more wondering, once I did get into the hand, if I bet correctly?