Bad week?!

• badcatwOw
      badcatwOw
      Bronze
      Hi everybody. Want to ask how are things going on for you on 24h? For me 8 days of bad luck mixing with tilt . It's impossible to get plus day :( . Month started good but since last sunday everything is going down. :<

Wanted to check maybe somebody got something similar? :D
  • 9 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      heey badcatwOw....

eh we are all experience this here and then. We cannot avoid these days.

Well funny thing is that when we have extra profit week we say OMG how good i am and when we have bad week we say....oooh what a downswing, I was so unlucky etc lol.

So i just hope your winnings will turn around and your next post will sounds in a opposite direction of these one :s_cool: :s_cool:

Good luck.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey badcatwOw,

This might sound like an old worn cliche, but it is just variance. Been having a bit of it myself but I'm not that concerned.

The secret is to minimise your losses while you are card dead and maximise your winnings when things turn around.

As Alan stated, hopefully your next post will be one about the kickass session where you win 20BIs.

Just stick with it and try not to tilt. :s_thumbsup:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :) :heart:
    • badcatwOw
      badcatwOw
      Bronze
      Yesterday I wanted to say thanks Alan883 and Lazza61 cause you 2 little bit motivated me to keep playing.
      But after today session I just want to say to BLAZE poker go and FU. Lost so much fking times to 'magic' river cards... Variance.... emm don't believe that shit anymore.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi badcatw0w,

May I humbly suggest it's not only that you don't beileive in variance, you just don't understand it. This in itself is understandable and your reaction to it is quite normal and I suspect most players would say similarly.

I have posted a link to the mighty Bogdan's video introducing variance and it's effects for you. Take a look learn just how wildly results can fluctuate because of it.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/25155/

Remember to ask questions about the topic, the more you know the less it will bother you when it goes bad. :)

Have fun and may the variance be with you,

Mal.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i have a little thing to add. I really don't care if variance hit me but i do care if i play bad. Very important thing is that you can differ variance and bad play.

When i saw many articles about variance and all the math behind i just stopped warring to much about it. Variance can hit you in a positive way or negative way. Although we don't talk a lot about positive variance, because when it hit us we just think we are so good players :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

So right now SimCity is more stressful than poker to me :s_cool: :s_cool:

Just play your A game and you will be rewarded. And don't forget to study and the most important thing....enjoy playing Poker.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Well i have a little thing to add. I really don't care if variance hit me but i do care if i play bad. Very important thing is that you can differ variance and bad play.

When i saw many articles about variance and all the math behind i just stopped warring to much about it. Variance can hit you in a positive way or negative way. Although we don't talk a lot about positive variance, because when it hit us we just think we are so good players :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

So right now SimCity is more stressful than poker to me :s_cool: :s_cool:

Just play your A game and you will be rewarded. And don't forget to study and the most important thing....enjoy playing Poker.
      This is a key point. You must train yourself to feel exactly the same when you win or lose. Tilt is not just anger. It takes other forms as well. Being discouraged is a form of tilt as is laying down +Ev hands because you feel that you'll only get sucked out. Playing with little or no confidence is also a form of tilt.

Alan's statement is so true. You can't deal with variance until you accept that it is a two way street. A lot of times when you suckout, your opponent will muck and you never even know that the river card that helped you sucked out your opponent.

It is also basic human psychology that bad things happening to us stay in our minds longer.

Learning poker is actually easy. Continuing to make good decisions under pressure is hard.
    • BradNitt
      BradNitt
      Silver
      Originally posted by badcatwOw
      Want to ask how are things going on for you on 24h?

some days ago,pretty sick 6 stacks under ev (BB are 2bbs, Big Bets are 2 big blinds ;) )
      never seen that on that sample before:f_frown:
      where my ev goes down was kk< aa :f_o:
    • DonkeyDirk
      DonkeyDirk
      Silver
      I have the exact opposite of your graph Bradnitt :) I ran 160 EUR above EV on 40nl in one session in about 1500 hands. Variance is a strange creature :) It were all very standard spots Topset vs flopped straight i river boat. flushdraw and 2 overcards vs flopped 2pair i turn flush. AK vs AQ flop AQx i turn a K vs a 95/54 player. I ran pretty well in those spots but it was all very standard to get it in :)

Fish on a heater :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

DonkeyDirk