Double Barrelling

• 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      hey.

I checked a bit around our Video section but haven't found any video that is exactly what you want. Of course Second barreling is included in almost every video since it is part of almost every hand.

Try to ask in this thread if they can give you better answer: Choose the right poker video for you!

i also found an article which answer your question but it is for users with Gold status only: When should you fire a 2nd or 3rd barrel?

i know i didn't help you much but i hope you can start from here.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey prime333,

Whether or not you can profitably double and tripple barrel depends on a lot of different factors, such as the board texture, the type of opponent you're facing, whether it's a single raised pot or a 3bet pot, etc. In other words, as always in poker, it depends!

To start figuring this out by yourself, you can simply do a small exercise by taking a look at some hands. Try to review hands where you raised before the flop, and then cbet the flop. Try to put your opponent on a range, and then decide whether or not it will be profitable to fire another barrel even if you have a marginal/bad hand.

Of course, aside of just doing it yourself, the theory behind is going to be very useful, and the article Alan mentioned will be quite good for this. However, as mentioned you need Gold status to read the article.

To get a higher status such as Gold, you will need to play tracked on one of our partner poker rooms or buy one of our Points Packages.

You can find an overview of all available poker rooms here: Poker rooms
      And here is our Points Shop to buy a higher status: Points Shop

Also if you want to learn more about our status and points system in general, just take a look at this page: Status & Points system

Also the thread Alan mentioned can certainly be useful. Thanks for the suggestion Alan :f_thumbsup:

Just let us know if you have any other questions :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Hey prime333,

Whether or not you can profitably double and tripple barrel depends on a lot of different factors, such as the board texture, the type of opponent you're facing, whether it's a single raised pot or a 3bet pot, etc. In other words, as always in poker, it depends!

To start figuring this out by yourself, you can simply do a small exercise by taking a look at some hands. Try to review hands where you raised before the flop, and then cbet the flop. Try to put your opponent on a range, and then decide whether or not it will be profitable to fire another barrel even if you have a marginal/bad hand.

Of course, aside of just doing it yourself, the theory behind is going to be very useful, and the article Alan mentioned will be quite good for this. However, as mentioned you need Gold status to read the article.

To get a higher status such as Gold, you will need to play tracked on one of our partner poker rooms or buy one of our Points Packages.

You can find an overview of all available poker rooms here: Poker rooms
      And here is our Points Shop to buy a higher status: Points Shop

Also if you want to learn more about our status and points system in general, just take a look at this page: Status & Points system

Also the thread Alan mentioned can certainly be useful. Thanks for the suggestion Alan :f_thumbsup:

Just let us know if you have any other questions :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
      +1
      Says it all.