Hey Guys

• Affluenza
      Hello Everyone at PokerStrategy :)

I have been playing poker online since march (When I turned 18) and have loved expanding my knowledge of the game.
      I am currently a Student studying Accounting and Finance so have a lot of free time to play poker.

My main goal is to obviously make a lot of money playing poker part time and bink a big win in a major tourney. (My biggest win been only $80 so far)

I deposited $50 on Pokerstars and ended up near busting straight away, then decided to deposit $50 on WilliamHill just a month ago and already have nearly €150 after that $80 in an £11 Super series event which I free-rolled my way into.

I usually play SNG's but I really want to play MTT's and that is what I have studied a lot in and continue to study in but have been playing SNG's to build my bankroll as I don't want to play the $1-$5 tourneys as the variance is just insane.

Well thats enough blabbering on, just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello :)

• 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Hey Affluenza,

Love your username. It could mean "sick wealth" and we would all like some of that. :D

I noticed you have posted that you have deposited on PokerStars and WilliamHill.

Do you know that PokerStrategy.com will provide you with a free $50 bankroll at one of their eligible partner rooms if you pass their beginner's quiz.

I'm glad to see that you are treating poker as secondary to your studies which is very wise. It leaves your options open in the future and gives you something to fall back on if poker doesn't end up being profitable.

Good luck on your journey and may you have plenty of "sick wealth" :s_biggrin:
    • TinoLaan
      Hey Affluenza,

Welcome to the forum!

If you would like to play MTTs but don't really like playing the mass field $1-$5 tournaments, why not try out the MT SNGs? Not only do they not take as long as other MTTs, the variance there is also much smaller. Variance is still fairly large because they're still MTTs though, but at least it's better than in normal MTTs!

Also +1 to what Lazza said, except the offer is not $50 anymore, but rather changes for every poker room on which we offer the free poker money. Also, you already received the free money so it doesn't really apply to you anymore ;)

Hopefully we'll see you around more often!

Kind regards,
    • Affluenza
      Hi Lazza and Tino! Thanks :D
      Yeah, college has to come first but its always nice to think i will be able to make a secondary income playing online poker.

Yeah I am actually signed up on William Hill through Poker Strategy! I will be aiming for Gold star next month to give me access to more Videos. I have been watching Collin Moshman and his Wifes videos on here and they are really helpful with MT SNG's etc.

I have actually been considering starting to play 45mans, 180mans etc. but there are a tone of regs in the 180 mans on Pokerstars (At least for now) but I do agree that the variance is much smaller.

Today, I was grinding a few HU and 6Max Hypers of Pokerstars, which of course wasnt a good idea :l. Ran really bad, your typical AA v KK heads up runner runner flushes etc. Not much I could do.
      I have decided to ban myself from playing Hyper's altogether! I am going to give MT SNG's a go for the next couple of weeks and see how they go.

Regards, Affluenza.
    • gadget51
      So, a feel a blog coming on. :s_cool: