To Zoom Or Not To Zoom?

• 6 replies
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Silver
      BAD:

Its really hard to focus your attention to bet tells, HM stats are less reliable to influence your decisions... Its hard to gather hand samples on other people...

GOOD: You play a lot of hands. Much easyer to gather points if you want to reach supernova.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Most people say that at zoom you are probably going to have smaller winrate than at normal tables, mostly because fishes fold a lot more at zoom than at normal tables. But imo, if don't know how to table select and you don't intend to learn to, zoom is a better option.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Thanks acetbfish, DjolusVicenus!

Those are excellent comments.

On rooms where the traffic is low, I would rather play standard tables than zoom if there is less than about 100 in the zoom player pool.

Once the player pool gets small enough, there are lags in zoom waiting for enough players to be free -- or in the case of iPoker Speed tables, they just run the hand with as few as 3 players. The disadvantage there is that the blinds are coming around a LOT but of course so does the BTN

I like that players are nittier in zoom -- you can open-raise a bit wider profitably (or so it seems to me anyway)

Regards,
      --VS
    • Galador82
      Galador82
      Silver
      I play ZOOM NL10 FR and from my experience the game is more straightforward and people tend to get less creative than standard games. Approaching ZOOM with a solid basic gameplan seems to be sufficient to play it profitably.

A word of caution - the degree of speed in ZOOM could make you tilt/spew more easily if a string of bad beats incur. I suggest adopting a rigid stoploss limit.
    • MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      Hi,

I personally prefer regular tables because you can tableselect and sit behind a fish. If you don't have a really solid game plan I think you're gonna lose money fast to the regs.
    • frazz4
      frazz4
      Bronze
      A word of caution - the degree of speed in ZOOM could make you tilt/spew more easily if a string of bad beats incur. I suggest adopting a rigid stoploss limit.[/quote]Second that after I some how was down 10 buy ins after 1300 hands got most of it back on normal tables after though luckily