Questions about SSS

• BuildingEmpire
      BuildingEmpire
      Basic
      Hi,

I have some questions about shortstack strategy:
      1) Why do I have to wait for 15 and less big blinds stack to rebuy?
      2) The strategy suggests that I leave as soon as I have 25 BBs. Why not freeroll one round till blinds and wait for premium hands insted of leaving?
      3) How many tables should I play when I get more experienced with SSS?
      4) At what limit do you recommend me to start if I have 600$ bankroll from 11$ turbo HU SNGs?

BuildingEmpire
  • 6 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi BuildingEmpire,

1. The strategy is most effective with about 17BB I think. And it's much easier to play with a smaller stack because you have less complicated decisions.
      2. Yes you are right it's best to just wait for the bigblind and leave as soon as the BB reaches you. But you should only play AA or KK while you are blinding out.
      3. Just try it. Add a table and play for a while as soon as you aren't making the right decision anymore you should close one table.
      4. With 600$ you could even play NL100 but I would advise you to start with NL25 or NL50 to get used to he play.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      1) you don't have to wait for 15bb to rebuy.i put automatic rebuy to 20bb so that every time i have less than 20 it rebuys to 20

2) as soon as you get to 25bb you should wait till you should pay the blind and get up then

3) play as many that you feel confortable with.when you get more experienced keep adding on tables.the more the better :) i think that as soon as you get used to the basics of the sss you can start to play about 4-5

4) with that bankroll you can play nl50 but i reccomend to start with nl25 untill you get some experience.try playing like 5000 hands nl25 and afterwards try a level up
    • BuildingEmpire
      BuildingEmpire
      Basic
      Thank you for answers.

Please explain me this situation. The strategy says that I should push if raise commits more than half of my stack. So let's say I'm playing NL10 with standard 2$ stack, according to strategy I should push every time my opponent raises to >0.25. Is that correct? It turns out that, if I'm raising, I should push almost always.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xxxdannyxxx
      1) you don't have to wait for 15bb to rebuy.i put automatic rebuy to 20bb so that every time i have less than 20 it rebuys to 20

Hey guys,

SSS is most effective when you have less than 20bb's. You shouldn't use auto rebuy.

Best regards
      Stiev
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BuildingEmpire
      Thank you for answers.

Please explain me this situation. The strategy says that I should push if raise commits more than half of my stack. So let's say I'm playing NL10 with standard 2$ stack, according to strategy I should push every time my opponent raises to >0.25. Is that correct? It turns out that, if I'm raising, I should push almost always.
      Hey BuildingEmpire,

If there is a raise in front of you, you should almost always push preflop.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BuildingEmpire
      Thank you for answers.

You'd only have to reraise 3x that raise so you would only commit 75 cents which is less than half of your stack so wouldn't have a push.