STT/18man grind and studying - charity:water challange - poker tips

• lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Hello,

I am 20 years old poker player from Latvia learning STT tournaments.
      If you play any type of poker and are interested to discuss different topics via skype please send me pm.

Here is my results so far with stt:

Main challenge:
      Donate minimum 10% of profits each week to charitywater to complete 250$ donation goal:
      http://my.charitywater.org/charitywater-poker-challange
      If until 31th December campaign no complete i will donate difference at last days. If challenge will be completed faster will change campaign goal to bigger one.

Side challenges to complete main challenge:
      Increase volume because having lack of volume right now, looking to play 1200+ turbo stt games per month in 7$/15$ 9man turbos. Right now playing about 600-700 turbo stt per month only.
      Right now teaching one very good friend and looking forward to continue do it and hopefully we will see his campaign someday soon here starting.
      Planning to study minimum 3 hours per day individually/with partners.
      I will try to make some longer posts about some topics here to help out beginners what just starting out with stt and might no be winning right now or is very small winners. Beginner players feel free to suggest topics.

Thanks.
  • 44 replies
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      1st donation made:

• alxpoker91
      alxpoker91
      Gold
      hey i am STT player too.i mix 7$/15$/30$ because i table select.i will send you a PM with my skype name because i am always interested in some discussions.

gl with your challange
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Originally posted by alxpoker91
      hey i am STT player too.i mix 7$/15$/30$ because i table select.i will send you a PM with my skype name because i am always interested in some discussions.
      Invite accepted.

gl with your challange
      Thanks.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Day1
      Week 1 profit: 53.24$

• lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      During daytime (13:00-16:00 ET (+2 GTM)) 15's games is super bad, probably no worth even playing them with game select - selected some 15's without known regs/tight players in that time and anyway all unknown big majority time was tight players (also some 8/9 or 9/9 tight players games) while 7's was ok.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Day2
      Week 1 results: -79.89

Running pretty bad today :/ However i am very happy about volume i put in.

I decided make 10$ donation in loosing weeks.

1) Possibility to go for higher goal till year end
      2) Still making 250$ goal if running very bad very long time.

Tip for multi-tabling: Use hotkey for fold button, it save ton time. I think lot players underrate it and don't do it, pokerstars client build in hotkeys is great for it.

Here is settings what i use:

You can find theses settings under options>hotkeys settings

I am going to buy mouse with more buttons to save even more time.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Probably going for this mouse, it seem great but i dislike that it wireless mouse. :/

It seem on ebay i can get it close to 2x cheaper then in stores here.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Another day under ev but again i am happy about volume

Day3
      Week 1 results: -145.35

Not best kickoff but theses is just 3 days and swing for turbos isn't that big. Hopefully will turn all around soon.
    • iFortunatus
      iFortunatus
      Bronze
      good luck, hopefully you will start getting better results, only day 3 though so I'm sure you will!

also I find it truly inspiring that you're donating to charity as part of you're goals. top guy!
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Originally posted by iFortunatus
      good luck, hopefully you will start getting better results, only day 3 though so I'm sure you will!

also I find it truly inspiring that you're donating to charity as part of you're goals. top guy!
      Thanks. I am hoping add more tables/study hard/get better pc setup till end of year to go for supernova next year and then do bigger charity challenge.
      I find myself lot more motivated when i doing it, when you setting simple goals where no one effected except you it harder to stay motivated.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Playing from sb blind vs blind

I think this is thing what lot players playing too abc fold/steal. Vs aggressive players it also almost always best line.
      However i feel lot players misplay hands from sb vs passive players (especially vs loose ones) blind vs blinds battles. I want talk about theses type of scenarios: hero is sb with jh7h and steal from passive player, he call preflop and flop come Ad2c8d, hero make cbet and player flat... if turn isn't j we are in pretty ugly spot because we tryed steal passive player and build pot preflop and flop. I think most people can relate to theses awkward situations, but what should we do?
      I stopped build pot preflop and just started limp-stealing (limp sb and bet any flop) because:
      1)bb passive player will no raise over our limp that often (aggressive will) assuming they most likely have stats like 35/12 or 41/8
      2)bb will miss flop 2/3 times and fold when he miss (we are making bet on any flop).
      We will get sometimes turn decisions ect. but we should assume we play better there then passive players anyway and if any aggression come from passive player on any street we know where we stand.
      This play will allow you limp really bad hands and steal pot on flop with it, so you no need fold hands just because he is passive player and will call your raise preflop and you will be oop post. When i started integrate this play into my skill set i don't get anymore in awkward spots with mediocre hands what was discussed early in this post. I think we can make this play till we are down 10bb or in some cases even lower.
      We are still raising value hands but with this play we can exploit theses passive players by making small mistake hoping he will make lot bigger mistake (no raise prelfop enough (way too tight mostly) and fold flop most times).
      Please note play no work vs aggressive players because them will raise over our limp lot more often.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      How bad we are at making decisions?

It seem we only can just change things around us to somehow make more decisions what is based on better/others helping targeted things because we are so manipulated by other things that we almost no make decisions by ourselves even thinking we make really good ones. For example making money image as screensaver will make you greedy even if you think it will not and opposite with image where people help each other as desktop screensaver probably will you more helpful to other people.

2 sites you can donate just by surfing web and doing usual things what you do anyway with pc:

http://www.tabforacause.org/ (donate when open new tab)
      http://www.goodsearch.com/ (searching, shopping, games - more sites under "more ways to raise" on top)

Cleaned my desktop from endless icons and deleted bookmarks what no using, reminded for all who have similar problem.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Day 4
      Week 1 results: 39.85

Things seem going good today. I am happy about volume today also.
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Good luck sir :) Love people who donate to charity. Once in a blue moon you find a hero like you in our greedy society today.
      Will be following
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Originally posted by Hashkan
      Good luck sir :) Love people who donate to charity. Once in a blue moon you find a hero like you in our greedy society today.
      Will be following
      Ty.

No sure if for my pc is possible multiple monitors, i am kinda blind in pc specifications. Need figure out if i need new pc for 2+ monitors or i can add to this one 2nd monitor.

Some things to do this week:

*Get to bank and renew credit card, lost last one.
      *Buy shorts for running
      *Buy Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 (picture at early post), right now looking to buy it from ebay for 74 usd, it cost about 120 usd here at stores.
    • RestealFold
      RestealFold
      Bronze
      Good luck sir.
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Originally posted by RestealFold
      Good luck sir.
      Ty.

Day5
      Week 1 results: -135.70

Today was feeling everything i get in get cracked :/
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Excellent blog so far, added it to favorites, will follow - best of luck!
    • lila28
      lila28
      Gold
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Excellent blog so far, added it to favorites, will follow - best of luck!
      ty, you seem impossible to get in touch at skype :/