Your true RB is almost twice of what you think it is

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      When you check the rake paid over a decent sample in your HM2 you'll actually see a huge jaw dropping figure and say to yourself, fuck thats what was taken away from my profits.

Not true. Roughly half of that was taken from your profits.

Saw this on a few samples across different players on different sites get the same trend.

The rake paid figure, thanks to weighted contribution method, is rake paid in all the hands you contributed that saw the flop regardless of whether you won or lost.

Technically in the hands you lost, the money you invested wasn't giving you anything back anyway even in a game without rake cause you lost that money anyway.

So the true money you lost in rake was only the money that was taken from you in pots you won.

Lets talk numbers.

In my sample of 70k hands at NL 20 on Unibet my total rake paid it says is 1023.92.

If I filter for hands I won, I paid a rake of 503.81. So that means of my total rake 503.81 went in won hands and remainder 520.11 went in lost pots but like I said that doesn't matter cause you weren't getting that money back anyway.

The RB I get which is at 30% is on 1023.92 which is 307.18.

So technically, because of the concept of rake, your bankroll was drained of 503.81 from your winnings and you were paid back 307.18 which means net RB was 60.97% more than twice of the actual RB you think you were getting.

Similarly with 40% RB you technically get 80% and yes if your RB is more than 50% you actually make more from RB than the rake you actually pay in pots won.
  • 6 replies
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      The thing is though that when you are winning a pot, your opponent has also contributed some rake in the pot. If there was no rake, you would have won more. So, the rake you paid in hands you won is probably about twice the amount HM says. Pls, correct me if I am wrong :)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yup, I think you're right.

So doesn't matter, comes out to close to the same amount.

Missed that point. :)
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      in PT4 there is "rake contributed" stat. I don't sure how it counted but it seems very accurate i.e counting how much rake I contributed in pot (lost or won)
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      The RB at Unibet is 20% because you play in euro and get paid back (rakeback) in dollars.

So 1 dollar is 66% of 1 euro. that means that 30% RB in dollars equals ~ 20% RB in euros.

Yup great trick, haha. Titan gives ~20% RB (for beginnesrs) if you add all the bonuses and all they have.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by ninuu
      The RB at Unibet is 20% because you play in euro and get paid back (rakeback) in dollars.

So 1 dollar is 66% of 1 euro. that means that 30% RB in dollars equals ~ 20% RB in euros.

Yup great trick, haha. Titan gives ~20% RB (for beginnesrs) if you add all the bonuses and all they have.
      First I get rakeback in euros. At least I did not see $ signs

Even if we get in $, why this should change %? Then we rake x euros, so it means we rake y $

y$ = x eur

So 30% * y $ should be same as 30 % * x eur.

Just checked poker club statemens and I really see its in euros. Its interesting and I dont understand how can this be in dollars if everyghing at unibet in euros.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Actually you get 1 Loyalty point per cent of $ in rake.

For 33 loyalty points you get $1 in RB. so rake was $3.3 and you got $1 and that becomes 30.30%.

Now since our accounts are in EUR we get like EUR 0.76 for 33 loyalty points and he must have misunderstood that. You get EUR 0.76 for USD 3.3 in rake.