Telephone Verification

Bronze
      Hi,

770 are trying to ring me to get some confirmation details over the telephone.( My line is down at the moment and we are conversing via email) Is this above board/normal? I really don't feel comfortable with this.

On previous sites I have scanned and emailed details they needed, ID etc, is this telephone call details request standard?

Regards

Steve
  • 7 replies
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      That was already needed once for me but I don't recall if it was at a poker room or an E-Wallet... I believe it is a common verification, but I would not like to give any important details over the telephone, just enough to verify your identity.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by 177272
      Hi,

770 are trying to ring me to get some confirmation details over the telephone.( My line is down at the moment and we are conversing via email) Is this above board/normal? I really don't feel comfortable with this.

On previous sites I have scanned and emailed details they needed, ID etc, is this telephone call details request standard?

Regards

Steve
      If they call you, ask for a publicly listed number that you can use to call them back.

Get a case number and extension, too if possible.

Then, you call them back on their publicly listed number, so you know who they are, and you quote your case number so they know who you are, and then you can confirm what you like.

Whenever I talk to their customer support, they always confirm certain details -- such as my mother's maiden name.

Incidentally, since I am totally paranoid, I never use my mother's real maiden name, and I give each company a different one.

You are doing quite well to be cautious.

Peace,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank Vorpal :)
    • LendarTecho
      LendarTecho
      Bronze
      They have called me, just to remind me that I need to send them scanned ID for verification, so maybe there is a problem if you have already submitted the documents and they still call you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LendarTecho
      They have called me, just to remind me that I need to send them scanned ID for verification, so maybe there is a problem if you have already submitted the documents and they still call you.
      Happened with me also :D
      Bronze
      Ty was all above board, it is not like i had not been through this process before but by god they were keen to speak to me.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Glad everything is resolved for you Steve :)