$1 SNG bubble video

• 8 replies
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      would look but 300 mb is bit to much to download

take a look at chenny8888 & helemaalnicks turbo sng videos , most are 4 games at time so you see a lot of moves , & you will learn lot from them

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/sng/
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      downloading. but 300mb really is a lot ^^
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by curnow
      would look but 300 mb is bit to much to download

take a look at chenny8888 & helemaalnicks turbo sng videos , most are 4 games at time so you see a lot of moves , & you will learn lot from them

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/sng/

will do - thanks
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      downloading. but 300mb really is a lot ^^
      sorry is it that big - sorry :(

I will zip it and upload again if thats OK
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i already downloaded it.
      but imo it would be better if you just upload the hh and i have a look at it in a replayer. not sure though if the replayer is working with vcpoker ^^
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      well ok let´s see. if i got it right you didn´t play a hand in the first 20 minutes which was correct because you just didn´t get any :D . if i missed something plz tell me the minute :)

min 20: 44 utg
      first of all: folding is definately no mistake but imo you can limp it here. even fi and utg because the table doesn´t look very aggressive + people seem to like to overlimp and your implied odds against these players should be huge. but as i said: folding is no mistake and it really depends on the table if you can do this or not.

min 21: AK in the BB
      well first i wanted to say something like "i wouldn´t push here because they won´t call you with many worse hands but if you only raise something like 360 you will get called by many worse Ax or Kx which will go broke against you if they hit". but after your big shove got called by QJs i don´t really know what to say ^^. anyway: i would just raise it. push is too big and you want to get value from worse hands. there won´t be always a donk who is going to call you with crap :)

min 22: 88 in the SB
      i like the complete. the stacks are too big to push. if both player only had something like ~14BB i think i would push it.

min 26: KK in MP3
      again i would raise it a bit smaller. i think at the beginning it´s a good thing to just 3x the raise of your opponent. so i would raise to 600. you don´t mind to give them a little bit better odds with you kings.
      as played i would just push it on the flop. there are some draws possible with hand like KQ and imo a small bet looks more suspicious than a direct push. the pot is already 1860 chip big and your opponent only has 1200 left. i push it. as palyed easy call of course.

min 33: A7 from the BU
      don´t minraise preflop. there are some situation where it´s ok to do so but that´s not one of them. if you want to play the hand (which is ok imo but not something you absolutely HAVE to do) you should raise it to 3x or 2.5x. i prefer 2.5x but at the lower limits i think 3x is good.
      contibet is good but i would bet a bit higher. half pot or a bit more like 500.

min 33: QTo from the CO
      i think i would just fold it. you raised the hand before and QTo isn´t that great of a hand. again: if you want to play it: don´t minraise. another reason why i wouldn´t play it is that the BB is pretty short and will push quite some hands and you would have to call because you are commited. the SB has a good resteal stack as well.

min 37: KQ in the BB
      you got a walk here which is nice of course. just to have mentioned it: call if SB pushes, push if SB completes or raises :)

min 37: KK from the SB
      don´t push. that´s almost 15BB. give him the chance to hang himself. i raise it to 900 and hope for a push :) . of course he might just call and then it would be ugly if an A flop but still you will earn much more by just raising imo. especially because it´s the bubble and the BU is so short he might be more inclined to push over you because he thinks you can´t call very wide (which is correct but you can certainly call with KK :) )

min 37: K5 from the BU
      don´t minraise ^^. here i have to admit that i´m not quite sure how to play these hands at that limit. if the players respect the bubble and if they are really nitting up i like to raise a lot as the chipleader. but i´m not sure if this is the case at these limits.

min 38: Q3s in the BB
      same thing. it´s really tempting to just shove over here and hope for your fold equity. i never played sngs <6$ so i´m not sure about that. would be nice if somebody could say something about this topic who has actually played these limits :P

(from now on i won´t write down the minute and the position anymore because almost every hand is interesting)

next hand 42 same thing, according to nash you can push any two here because he just can´t call shit. and if you push 42 you can push the next hand (K8s) again and increase your chiplead a lot. don´t minraise btw :)
      J5o fold is good imo
      J8o: same thing as above. i would push it. note that their stacks would be way smaller if you would have stolen the hands i mentioned above. then it would be way easier to play. call is no option btw. use your foldquity.
      96o: same thing. by folding all these hands you give up your chiplead. both players will try to outlast the shortstack.
      53o is a good fold. the BB will call a lot.
      85s: don´t minraise :) . you didn´t steal the pther hands when you had the chiplead so now i guess you have to fold this one as well.
      don´t limp QJo here. i think you could even push it to regain your chiplead but imo it´s only worth the risk if you are willing to play on very aggressive as a chipleader.
      as played i would go broke against the shorty as well. just push flop.
      i would call with T5o. you are getting 2:1 and you can assume that he is shoving decently wide :P
      don´t minraise A6o. push. i would push any two here.
      half pot conti is ok and you obviously have to fold to a raise.
      Kq shove is good imo. 44 is ok as well i guess but these shove would have been much better if you would have been chip leader :) . JT fold is good. T6 as well. T9s fold is good.
      don´t minraise QJo. SB shows you why. he could have done this way more often because you jsut can´t because of the shorty.
      A8 fold is good.
      don´t minraise A8 ;) . if i would be sb i would shove over with almost anything. the BB has 2 BB left... as played the call is good of course. the fact that he has AK is just unfortunate.
      i wouldn´t push K9o here. the blinds are about to go up so i guess it´s pretty close though.
      A8 shove is good. good folds. shorty is doubling up again ^^.
      well now you are the shorty. 64o is still a fold i think but you can shove a decent range of hands here. more good folds :P
      last hand is a good push. again just unfortunate.

well let´s see: in the beginning it looked quite decent. you played tight and just waited for good spots. but i have to admit that i didn´t like your bubble play. you have to stop minraising. there is a reason why it´s called "push or fold mode" :) . ok in the beginning it was kinda hard to play because everybody had 13-15bb but still you missed some pretty good spots imo. as a chipleader you really have to put pressure on your opponents, especially if there is a shortstack.
      e.g.:
      let´s say the blinds are 300/600
      the CO is 3bb short and folds. you are the big stack on the BU with 6k chips and both blinds have something like 5-8bb. just push ! 32o: push. 72o: push. any other hand: push. they will both try to outlast the shorty and get itm (well at least they should. some people just don´t care and call you with K8o... then you should take a note and maybe not push any two all the time :D )
      as i said: i never played this limit myself but as far as i could see on the video the opponents looks pretty passive so it should work here as well. as i said: i would like to hear other opinions about that from players who actually play at these lmits :)

i hope i helped you a bit. the main thing you gotta do is to stop minraising all the way. furthermore just watch some coachings or coaching videos, keep posting hands and you should easily be able to beat this limit :)

btw: if you have any questions plz don´t hesitate to ask. and have some mercy with me if i saw something wrong.
      i know i wrote down a lot of things and at the first look it might look like you played horrible but you have to see that you didn´t just make different mistakes the whole way. you just did 1 or 2 over and over again. so it will be pretty easy to improve your game a lot if you don´t minraise anymore and play more aggressive on the bubble as a bigstack :)
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      You are a STAR - thanks for looking and the comments. i have taken them on board.

Again sorry about the horrid download size. Playing cash games most of today. But will have a go on the $1 sng's tomorrow - would it be possible to send you my hand histories, or I do another video of me playing 2 tables, for you to have a look at? zipped up this time :D

Much appreciated,

Paul
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      both would be possible but i would suggest that we try the handhistorys first because it would be way easier for both of us :D

np :) . and again: you don´t have to play superaggressive at the bubble at these low limits. i think it would still work but it´s not really necessary to beat this limit. just try to not miss obvious spots like the one i wrote down in the latter part of my last post :)