Fullring AA

• stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Im just wondering what u guys think is the right way to play the river here do u guys like check/calling in this spot more to open up some bluffs?

Im 3beting a regular whos calling my 3bets 31%

VPIP 26 / PFR 12 / 3bet 2.6

$2.50/$5 No Limit Holdem
      HEM2
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG VarGodDröj ($995) 199bb
      UTG+1 Marre10 ($980) 196bb
      MP1 asdfgh4 ($1,499.76) 300bb
      MP2 KCxx ($2,155.72) 431bb
      MP3 GKE ($664.37) 133bb
      CO Animalarn ($633.04) 127bb
      BTN jonte69 ($1,109.50) 222bb
      SB Rakadelisa ($870.63) 174bb
      BB stttNNN ($1,630.26) 326bb

Pre-Flop: ($7.50, 9 players) stttNNN is BB A:spade: A:diamond:
      2 folds, asdfgh4 raises to $17.50, 5 folds, stttNNN raises to $60, asdfgh4 calls $42.50

Flop: 5:club: 9:club: 9:diamond: ($122.50, 2 players)
      stttNNN bets $75, asdfgh4 calls $75

Turn: 7:heart: ($265.69, 2 players)
      stttNNN bets $105, asdfgh4 calls $105

River: Q:heart: ($470.44, 2 players)
      stttNNN bets $175, asdfgh4 raises to $425, stttNNN folds

Final Pot: $562.50
      stttNNN shows
      A:spade: A:diamond:

asdfgh4 wins $1,062.50 (net +$415)

stttNNN lost $425
  • 9 replies
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Hey. Good fold wich I would make 90% of the time.
      Also I dont belive villain has air on the river after he flat called 3 streets, so checking the river would be a bad desicion. I put him on on a set.
      Good luck :)
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I don't play these stakes (or FR for that matter), but when you bet basically 1/3 pot and he raises small like this I would be bet/calling since AA only needs to be good 23% of the time and I would expect him to bluff river with :club: :club: overcards at least some of the time.

I definitely would not show my AA if folding.
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Im not sure if its the right decision, but i would call on the river.

You are getting great odds and I don't see him having a 9. Does he call with 55, 77 OOP? Most regulars wouldn't. So the only hand we are losing to is QQ. Furthermore you showed so much weakness in the hand that he could raise with KK on the river if he played KK this way or even AQ/KQ. So you beating some hands in his value range!

Could he be bluffing on the river? His line looks very strong, but who knows...

I think calling is the safer option, even if its a mistake it's a small one given the odds we are getting. On the other hand, folding AA to a small raise if he has AQ is a disaster.
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      I have played against this reg alot and he is one these nit regs.. he never gonna bluff any flush draws or top pairs in this spot. I bet small caouse i want him to call me down with hands like TT and JJ. On the river he will never call me with hands like TT JJ in this spot so the only hand i get vaule from AcQc which i think he will find the call with when i bet this small. On the river he is never raising any one pair hands he just gonna bluff catch me with this hands so i cant find the call.
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I belive it depends on the aggression frequency of the guy, if hes very aggressive, then i can find a call on the river. Because u bet so small. Aggressive people tend to reraise weak bets. Good luck
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hashkan
      I belive it depends on the aggression frequency of the guy, if hes very aggressive, then i can find a call on the river. Because u bet so small. Aggressive people tend to reraise weak bets. Good luck
      U got the right point! :) as said this guy is very tight reg and i have played like 20k+ hands with him and i have never seen him bluff any missed draws and stuff like that.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stttNNN
      I have played against this reg alot and he is one these nit regs.. he never gonna bluff any flush draws or top pairs in this spot. I bet small caouse i want him to call me down with hands like TT and JJ. On the river he will never call me with hands like TT JJ in this spot so the only hand i get vaule from AcQc which i think he will find the call with when i bet this small. On the river he is never raising any one pair hands he just gonna bluff catch me with this hands so i cant find the call.
      If he truly only calls AcQc then you don't have a value bet on the river since he calls 1 worse combo and raises 10 better combos, so check/folding river has higher EV.
    • stttNNN
      stttNNN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      If he truly only calls AcQc then you don't have a value bet on the river since he calls 1 worse combo and raises 10 better combos, so check/folding river has higher EV.
      seems right :) thx!
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by metza
      seems right :) thx!
      Unless he bets busted clubs/worse pairs on river if you check, then check/call is best.

But are you sure he only calls AcQC here? Just seems way too exploitable