What charts to learn first?

• Gouja4
      Gouja4
      Basic
      Aloha everyone,

I've played poker for awhile but never seriously tried to get better and study until now. I started with a $50 bankroll yesterday and have it up to $70 now. I've been reading the basic sit n go strategies and looking at all the charts while playing 1-2 tables at a time. What would be the order of charts to study first and so on.

Ps I play at betonline and there isn't that many tables around my BI range of 1 dollar. Should I play ones at .50 cent or go up to around 2-3 dollar tables?

Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      id say play at 50 cent tables dont go up if your not rolled for it properly
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      what is the rake being charged on the games you play?
      some sites make it extremely difficult to profit from micro stakes SnGs because of high rake.
      For micros id suggest moving to Stars if thats possible for you.
    • Yoshimitsu77
      Yoshimitsu77
      Bronze
      Also nash charts will give you a good idea about push and fold ranges, id suggest watching some of the beginners videos on here to get a good idea of how you should be playing.
    • kierantierney
      kierantierney
      Bronze
      Try 888 if you are playing mincro SNGs. They have 10% rake on the small $1 games. Paying 20% rake is crazy. Stars have 16.3% on their $1.50 sngs. Makes it very tough to beat
    • Gouja4
      Gouja4
      Basic
      Its 10% rake at betonline. Im from Hawaii and was looking at the reviews on best U.S sites to play on. They said there was less traffic here buit more fish and fastest to withdraw.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Gouja4,

As a US resident you are unfortunately not able to play at any of our partner rooms. You can take part in our poker school and you have the option to buy a status in our points shop.

Hope this helps,
      Gary.
    • Gouja4
      Gouja4
      Basic
      Yes very unfortunate but still am omptimistic. I double be BR to $100 from $50 in two days. I got greedy and did some 5 buy in tournies that paid off after having a bad run the previous 6-7 .50 cent buy ins. By just following the preflop and push or fold charts Ive been able to make it to the money and the bubble 90% of the time.

There is so much information to process and learn with just the basic membership. I get overwhelmed with what to study. What is a your reccommendation on how to study everything?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Studying and the art of studying is really personally dependant. What ever methods work for you really :) I'm probably the worst person to ask as I didn't do very well in school :D
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Studying and the art of studying is really personally dependant. What ever methods work for you really :) I'm probably the worst person to ask as I didn't do very well in school :D
      Oh bwoy school :facepalm:

Oh hold on I'm a teacher :facepalm:

Anyway... I've heard a lot of people saying that taking notes is something you have to do! Wether you watch a video, read an arcticle, read a book... make notes! The thing is when you read or watch something you think you'll remember but in the end you don't. Plus you can write down what questions you have and then later on think about those questions, post them on the forum...

Regards

RasTweet