How do I read this damn HUD thing?

• Darkenwrath
      Darkenwrath
      Bronze
      Hi recently got the poker tracker HUD works beautifully, only thing is I don't quite understand what it's actually telling me.

I took this as an example shortly after I got it running, can someone explain to me what exactly the information is? I don't mean read my table or anything like that I mean what exactly is

VP/PR/3B/CB

what is FCB?

What is the red number mean. I have hovered over the them but it just tells me things like hands abbreviated which I don't quite understand.

Essentially all I'm asking is can someone point me to a good break down of correctly using HUDs, or at least kinda explain what it is I need to do to get the most out of them.

If I shouldn't have posted this please let me know.
  • 4 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Darkenwrath,

They are essentially basic statistics on your opponents that can help you figure out how they play.

VPIP = % of hands they play
      PFR = % of hands they raise
      3B = % of hands they 3bet
      CB = % of times the continuation bet
      FCB = % of times they fold to a continuation bet

Lessons 4 and 5 of the beginner's course go completely in-depth in the basic use of stats and a HUD. Here's a link to lesson 4: Lesson 4

You may find that some articles mention the PokerStrategy.com Elephant. This is basically a program like PokerTracker, except made by us. But that has been discontinued, and you can pretty much disregard every mention of it.

For now, if you don't really know what they mean yet or how to use them, it is probably best not to play with stats/a HUD yet, because you will probably only confuse yourself.

Hopefully that helps :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Darkenwrath
      Darkenwrath
      Bronze
      thankyou very much for the information I now know what I'm looking at. Thankyou.

Not sure if I'll keep using it for anything more than hand reviewing yet so will see. Thankyou.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You're welcome :)
    • yadiel177
      yadiel177
      Basic
      Thank you very much.