CAUTION: Absurd verification requirments

• badbeatnotilt
      badbeatnotilt
      Silver
      If someone deletes or edits this message i request from him to delete my account.

Don't make the mistake to deposit there before passing their verification.
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/efi-shlomo-winner-poker-froze-my-acc-wont-respond-me-1366937/
      Re: Efi Shlomo and Winner Poker froze my acc, won't respond to me.
      Quote: Originally Posted by fees View Post TLDR:
      Efi Shlomo and Winner poker locked my account
      They requested documents
      I've sent in documents multiple times, in every way they asked for
      Every time I sent in the documents they asked for I received a reply with an excuse of why they didn't work or needed to be presented in a different way.
      I continue to send in my documents, over and over.

I can confirm their verification hell. I registered there in order to get the h manager offer.
      I was lucky because i had read a similar thread on pstrategy where players had issues with their documents on ipoker rooms.
      Smn suggested that we should make the verification prior to deposit on them.
      Yet i was unable to pas their verification.
      With the same docs that i had opened the pokerstars.fr and winamax accounts.
      After like 5-6 emails i requested them to delete my details from their site.
      Then somehow after explaining the reason of my request i got an reply stating that upon their new review my docs where approved and my account was verified.
  • 34 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey badbeatnotilt,

Thanks for your post.

I think it is also really important to mention a few facts also:

Thousands upon thousands of players register new accounts at new poker rooms every week and they have absolutely no issues with verifications and deposits. These are a silent majority and we never hear about them.

It is not standard procedure for poker rooms to antogonise players and it only happens irregularly when something is not 100% according to the room's policy (or unclear to them)

The poker room DOES care that the verification goes smoothly, there is absolulely no reason why they'd prolong the verification on purpose - again, there must be something unclear that they'd rather check than let go (having in mind the player's legitimacy and other players' safety)

I think people often forget that verifications are done with players own safety in mind :)

Regards,
      Gary.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Gary,

There are quite a few threads on 2+2 about it.

A while ago there was some extensive ID verifications on ipoker. While those were carried out accounts were locked.

The problem with Winner is that they kept accounts locked for much longer than necessary and for no reasons (aka ppl were sending their IDs many times etc...).

Not to mention their customer service dealt with the situation in an awful and unconstructive manner.

Following this a lot of people simply withdrew their funds from their Winner account.

So yeah I back up OP on this one.
    • badbeatnotilt
      badbeatnotilt
      Silver
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle

It is not standard procedure for poker rooms to antogonise players and it only happens irregularly when something is not 100% according to the room's policy (or unclear to them)

The poker room DOES care that the verification goes smoothly, there is absolulely no reason why they'd prolong the verification on purpose - again, there must be something unclear that they'd rather check than let go (having in mind the player's legitimacy and other players' safety)

I think people often forget that verifications are done with players own safety in mind :)

Regards,
      Gary.
      I have a convo of 16 emails with their support!
      If you think that i might be out of line in here then pm me an email address where i can forward them to you or any other person of your team.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi,

I never insisted that you were out of line at all. I was just sharing an opinion in the exact same manner as you did :)

I don't disbelieve you at all. I was merely speaking for the silent majority that don't voice their opinions (when everything runs smooth) I personally, have never had any issues with any poker room regarding verifications or security.

At the end of the day, there is enough information out there for people to make an informed decision about where they should play their poker.

All the best,
      Gary.
    • doeboyfresh
      doeboyfresh
      Basic
      Hi,

My name is Ryan Fee. I play as doeboyfre$h on pokerstars and Realmonies on FTP. I thought I should chime in here as I have a large balanced locked on winner and they are simply not responding to me.

Thousands upon thousands of players register new accounts at new poker rooms every week and they have absolutely no issues with verifications and deposits. These are a silent majority and we never hear about them.

The thing about those accounts is that they do not have mid five or low six figures in them. Also a majority isn't acceptable. It should just be all accounts, no exceptions.

I think
      Regards,people often forget that verifications are done with players own safety in mind :)

I have to strongly disagree with this statement. In my dealings I could say that the only thing they didn't care about for certain was that the verification did not go smoothly. I jumped through several hoops, sent all different kinds of documents and verification, even had my documents notarized and post mailed to the Philippines to only be completely ignored. I would send them documents then have to beg over the course of a month to simply get them to acknowledge they had received them. Once they admitted to receiving the documents they would manifest a reason they were insufficient. In general I agree that verifications are done with player safety in mind, however in the case of winner, due to the balance of my account I would have to suspect that they possibly more focused on their own interests.
    • aguero777
      aguero777
      Basic
      I too have had huge problems dealing with winner poker, i'm copy and pasting my story from another forum. Ryan= doeboyfresh:

I was also affected by this after receiving a transfer from Ryan.

Ryan transferred me some where between 10-20k when before this all started. I ended up winning close to 80k while we transferred to each other in that time as well. Once i got about 90-100k on the site i decided to try and cash out. I had verified my account when setting it up on around 2/26/13. I can't find an email of when i verified because i was having problems with email support and took to chat support where i got verified.

Here is an email proving they processed a withdrawal for 5k, a sum they'd only cash out after verification.
      Quote:
      WWR139583972: your withdrawal‏

Winner Poker (poker@winner.com)
      Add to contacts
      3/12/13
      [Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
      To: xxxxxxxx
      Picture of Winner Poker

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for choosing Winner Poker.

We are glad to inform you that we have processed your withdrawal request, code 5031490, for the total amount of $5,000.00.

For your convenience, please note the withdrawal details:

Sincerely,

Winner Poker Finance Team
      Around 5/20/13 I put in multiple requests for withdrawals totally around 20k. After weeks of them not being processed I emailed them. I got a canned response. They then said the reason for the delay was they were waiting on documents from a player i had received a transfer from. The only person this could be was ryan. Once again i can not find the original email, but this email shows that this was the case after i complained again for the length of time it was taking.

Quote:
      To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: Re: Processing Cashouts1ZXNLRXX-HYJQO
      Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:04:31 +0800

Dear xxxxx xxxxxx,
      Thank you for contacting the Winner Poker Customer Support Team.

Please be informed that your request is still being handled by the relevant department. Also, we are still waiting for the POA of player where you had a transaction for player transfer.

We will notify you as soon as we get an update regarding your request.

Thank your foe your patience.

Please do not hesitate to contact our support team 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Winner Poker Customer Support Team
      again later

Quote:
      Re: Processing Cashouts1ZXNLRXX-HYJQO‏

To see messages related to this one, group messages by conversation.
      Winner Poker Support (support.poker@winner.com)
      Add to contacts
      7/03/13
      To: xxxxxxxxxxx
      Picture of Winner Poker Support

Dear xxxxxx,

Please be informed that we are still waiting for the documents of player where you have a transaction for transfer of fund.

We will notify you further as soon as we get an update about which.

Finally my withdrawls of around 21k were processed around 2 months ago (i do not have emails proving and can't search transaction history for this time via client).

I then put in new requests totaling 30k which were all declined.

I then received this:
      Quote:
      Re: Withdraws15YLEML3-6F4SR‏

Add to contacts
      8/13/13
      To:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

We are writing with regards to your withdrawal query.

Please be advised that your withdrawal request has been cancelled due to documents that you still have to submit and those are the ID and POA.

Please do submit us the documents and we'll check it thoroughly so that we can proceed accordingly for future processes.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding for this matter.

I responded saying basically i'd just gone through this months ago and the problem before was ryan's account. How could this be happening again when i put in requests days after this problem had been resolved.

They responded with this:
      Quote:
      Re: Withdraws15YLEML3-6F4SR‏

Add to contacts
      8/13/13
      To: xxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

We rechecked your account and it appears that your withdrawal request has been declined because the player where you transferred your money to was unable to send a valid proof of address.

He was able to sent a proof of address, but we are unable to accept it because it is different from the one registered to his account.

Moving forward, we were able to receive and validate your own documents, as well as the other player's ID. However, the player where you transfered your money to still needs to send a valid proof of address, so we can process your withdrawal.

If you can contact this person, please advise him to send his proof of address that is valid for the last three months as soon as possible, so we can expedite the approval of your withdrawal.

since then i've tried explaining and they responded with 'canned' responses and then stopped responding at all.

EDIT:

Cliffs: they are holding my money too only because Ryan transferred me money over half a year ago. This amount now is around 54k
    • doeboyfresh
      doeboyfresh
      Basic
      I started a thread in general poker about this, xposting my 2p2 thread. That thread was deleted and I wasn't given an explanation why. I know that Playtech owns Pokerstrategy and Ipoker and is trying to promote people, seems kind of scummy that they deleted my thread.
    • Necrophagist
      Necrophagist
      Bronze
      I recently had to confirm my age and identity on William Hill. I sent a copy of my Drivers license, showing the front and back. I heard back the next day that my account was verified.
      I guess it varies person to person, or I get better treatment because of the amount of money I have raked for them. I have no idea.

I have never had any problems with any IPOKER skin in our communications. I just abide their requests and they have been fair and fast.

They even give me phone call reminders that they want me to have free 50$ at the beginning of every month.

I have only played on William Hill and Titan. I have not played Winner.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by doeboyfresh
      I started a thread in general poker about this, xposting my 2p2 thread. That thread was deleted and I wasn't given an explanation why. I know that Playtech owns Pokerstrategy and Ipoker and is trying to promote people, seems kind of scummy that they deleted my thread.
      Hey Ryan,

Your thread was not deleted. I have moved it away because we do not allow two threads regarding the same subject. I have tried contacting you on our community tool to explain however you have yet to accept my friend request so therefore I could not explain. Your whole post is referenced here there was absolutely no need to create a thread, in the wrong forum. Therefore I moved it away to a restricted area.

I am sorry that you've had trouble with Winner Poker. That, however is not PokerStrategy's fault, nor my fault, nor this community's fault. When our members sign up through us (as an affiliate) we do our upmost in cases where there is difficulty (miscommunication) between poker room and client. This is a big benefit to our members and offers them that little extra protection when they use us an affiliate.

We have made the poker room aware of all the issues highlighted in this thread and some others also and hopefully they will get resolved soon.

Best regards,
      Gary.
    • doeboyfresh
      doeboyfresh
      Basic
      Hi Holly,

I am unfamiliar with pokerstrategy.com's forum software, I didn't realize there had been an effort to communicate with me. I have since added you as a friend.

Thanks, yeah winner sucks.

I appreciate your effort to draw attention to this thread in hopes that there is some sort of resolution soon.

Regards,

Ryan
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Ryan,

No sweat, I understand that you are new here and obviously unfamiliar with our site as a whole.

Hopefully, as I've said we can help out here. We pride ourselves in looking after our players and members as much as possible, whenever possible.

Have a nice weekend,
      Gary.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Necrophagist
      I recently had to confirm my age and identity on William Hill. I sent a copy of my Drivers license, showing the front and back. I heard back the next day that my account was verified.
      I guess it varies person to person, or I get better treatment because of the amount of money I have raked for them. I have no idea.

I have never had any problems with any IPOKER skin in our communications. I just abide their requests and they have been fair and fast.

They even give me phone call reminders that they want me to have free 50$ at the beginning of every month.

I have only played on William Hill and Titan. I have not played Winner.
      I had to do the same with poker 770 the other day and from emailing the docs to getting the all clear was only about three hours and this was in the evening. I must say it did feel weird sending copies of the front and back of my card and I never would have done that if it hadn't been associated with this site. It was straight forward in the end and at no point was I limited from playing.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      After reading this thread I decided to verify my account before depositting. I had to send my proof of address 8 times because they couldn't accept it. It has to show all 4 edges and be clear and readable. When I managed to acomplished that they verified it. That was last week. I deposited $50 and withdrew $60 3 days ago because I really don't like the platform (there's no traffic when I'm able to play) and I already have it. Just taking my personal experience I know I was a lot of less money compared but still.
    • doeboyfresh
      doeboyfresh
      Basic
      The madness continues.

Someone I did a trade with requested a cashout. They then emailed me asking me for documents so he could cashout (wtf?). I sent in my documents to which they replied

"
      Dear Ryan Fee,
      We are writing to you in response to your latest contact regarding the copies of the documents you have sent us.

We would like to inform you, that we have checked and verified all the documents you have sent to us (write which documents you received from the customer). We can confirm to you, that the copies of the documents you sent us are valid and accepted. Now, we have all needed documentation.

We would like to thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      "
      Oh great! My account is verified and should be unlocked. I email them asking if this is the case, to which I receive the reply:

"
      Dear Ryan Fee,
      We are writing in relation to your account query.

We do apologize for the confusion it has caused you. Please be informed that regarding the proof of address you have sent us, we have forwarded the document to the relevant department for validation.

As soon as we get an update from them, we will notify you regarding the status of your account.

Thank you for understanding and for your patience."

At this point I think it is pretty straight forward, winner is just robbing me. They have lied to me several times about receiving my documents and now just completely contradicted themselves in these two emails.

DO NOT PLAY ON WINNER THEY WILL SCAM YOU
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      something very fishy here. :rolleyes:
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      I created an account (via PSGY obv :) ), deposited, played for a week or so, then requested cashout (because I couldn't stand the software and no traffic) and everything was processed quite quickly without any verification...
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      I have tried contacting you on our community tool to explain however you have yet to accept my friend request so therefore I could not explain.
      lol@ headadmin needs friendship approval to inform user. seriously guys?
    • Necrophagist
      Necrophagist
      Bronze
      I signed up to Winner Poker about 2 weeks ago.

I immediately confirmed my Identity which took less than 24 hours. I then deposited and began playing immediately and have had no problems so far.

I have not cashed out yet and won't be cashing out for a few months but when I do I will let everyone know how it goes. I feel that there will be 0 issue.

TLDR: My verification took less than 24 hours and have had no troubles so far.

Your situation must be *unique*
    • iMumu
      iMumu
      Bronze
      I also registered at winner (it was just winner casino at first, and i read about a few problems when it comes to id verification) so i was kind of worried too.

but in the end it was really a painless process - my verification was done literally hours after i sent them my documents (which surprised me because i only sent them my passport scan and front side of my cc).

It does looks like they could be a bit ... inconsistent, maybe there are several people processing documents and some of them are more picky, or something like that?

I always ask for verification BEFORE i make a deposit, and make sure to keep copies of those mails in case something unusual happens. I do have a friend who had to wait a couple of days for his documents verification, but i dont think thats something to write home about.

Also i made a few smaller cashouts ($50-$100) and they all were processed in 1-2 days tops.

ah and theres one thing that always makes me giggle a bit, how their cashout mails are titled "Thank you for your withdrawal!‏" :P