pay2seetheriver

• pay2seetheriver
      pay2seetheriver
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I guess the answer should always be money, but I'm not sure that's the only reason for me. At the back of my mind I also want to prove to myself and others that I am good at the game. So rightly or wrongly recognition is also something that motivates me. I have a good job so I doubt I would ever play for a living (intentionally anyway) but I would be happy for it to pay its own way and give me a shot at a few big paydays.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I guess it's linked into the above but it's 'flash' plays. Trying to get someone to fold when at the back of my mind I know they wont. Great when it works but it doesn't work that often at the lower levels. Again I think its trying to prove to myself I am playing at some sort of higher level of thinking.

What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Selective range of starting hands and building pots when you hit the board hard.
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey pay2seetheriver

Welcome to the beginners' course. It's encouraging to see you making your first post in the beginner's course thread and I can speak from experience that this course is a very impressive introduction to the game. I'm confident that you will enjoy it. Bogdan will be by in the coming days to check your homework. All the best with the course.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi pay2seetheriver,

Congrats on finishing your first homework.

The weakness you listed there is definitely something you need to work on as soon as possible. Bluffing too much at the low limits is a sure way to burn/spew money away.

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan