This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Calling A Resteal from MSS with wide resteal range.

• Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Calling A Resteal from MSS with wide resteal range.

Is it ok to start calling maybe with suited connectors or maybe just stick with 4bet/broke line always vs a MSS to keep things simple?
  • 3 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Evante...
      Do you play on iPoker by any chance?

Are you playing MSS or playing against the MSS?

In iPoker zoom, there are a LOT of short and mid stacks.

I am pretty sure that they are not playing a proper S/MSS strategy.

I don't think I would call a resteal w/ suited connectors though.

By the time you call a resteal vs a Mid stack, there is almost no room for post-flop aggression -- they don't have enough behind that you can get them to fold.

So, if they resteal, and a 4-Bet makes the pot > 50% of their stack, I just put them all in, but I do that w/ 99+ and AT+ and make that tighter or wider depending on villain. I don't want to be all-in pre w/ SCs.

If you call a MSS resteal w/ SCs what is your plan on the flop?

Cheers,
      --VS
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      probably my game gone thrown off by bad MSS who calls my resteal with SCs and suits crap aces.

So was wondering it is a meta or just bad play.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Assuming BTN opens 2BB and the Blind 3 bets to 6BB then the BTN would have to call 4BB into a 12BB pot and leaving 34BB behind.

IMHO we need more implied odds with SC than a PP and in the above case I dont even think we get enough implied odds to call a PP.

So no IMHO it is bad play to call a 3bet with a SC whiles playing MSS.