[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR: K7hh on KJ8hh 6

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      I would usually fold pre, this was half tilt and half experiment.

I wanted to bet turn here, but timebank ran out. Villain's flop cbet looks strong, but I don't see him checking with Kx or AA on the turn, so I think he often has something like AQ, QQ or something worse. If he wasn't planning on folding he would usually bet to protect.

I think I wanted to call river, but i'm not sure :) His line doesn't make sense with Kx or AA, and I have good odds.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Kruppe (BTN): $50
      SB: $39.20
      BB: $50.40
      UTG: $53.95
      UTG+1: $70.20
      UTG+2: $52.10
      MP1: $7.75
      MP2: $50
      CO: $50

CO posts $0.50
      MP2 posts $0.50
      Pre-Flop: 7:heart: K:heart: dealt to Kruppe (BTN)
      4 folds, MP2 checks, CO checks, Kruppe calls $0.50, SB raises to $2, BB calls $1.50, 2 folds, Kruppe calls $1.50

Flop: ($7) K:diamond: J:heart: 8:heart: (3 Players)
      SB bets $4, BB folds, Kruppe calls $4

Turn: ($15) K:diamond: J:heart: 8:heart: [ 6:spade: ] (2 Players)
      SB checks, Kruppe checks

River: ($15) K:diamond: J:heart: 8:heart: 6:spade: [ 5:club: ] (2 Players)
      SB bets $7, Kruppe folds
  • 2 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd raise or fold pf, not call.

As played I'd raise flop for value, pretty strong draw, and if he has something and if I hit my flush he'd never put me in that hand ( = implied odds).

As played I'd call river, he probably thought you just had a draw that didnt hit.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Hi Kruppe,

If you're gonna experiment, raise it PF. :D
      Actually, I'd raise it PF to try and take the pot down right there. (Assuming the table's not loose)

As played I'm raising the flop.

I'd check turn too.

And call river. You can only beat a bluff there, but I'm taking my chances. The hand was played so passively that it's pretty difficult to know where you stand on the river.
      I think call and fold are pretty close, but it's difficult to know what's the best one here.