This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 v. slightly aggressive move

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.50
      UTG:
      $43.38

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , A:club:
      UTG calls $0.50, 5 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $9.50 (All-In), BB folds, UTG calls $9.00, CO folds.

Flop: ($20.00) 3:heart: , 5:club: , 7:club:
      Turn: ($20.00) Q:club:
      River: ($20.00) 4:club:

Final Pot: $20.00

The only way i can figure out why i did this with just two limpers is that i though being oop the raise of 3.5 would commit me on flop..... I guess it made sense at the time, but this isn't my standard play by any means....
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      6BB raise is just fine and evaluate the flop with your Anna.
      If you had QQ+ or even jacks, I would have go and shove as well but only those on the SB only. But thats my own adjustment
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi daphunk,

I think pushing here is not bad, but on higher limits you will get an balancing prob. I don't think you will push your aces here as well. Anyway collecting the dead money preflop would be a nice result and get called by a worse hand is also ok, when he traps you, you cant do anything against it. Even a raise commits you.