STT hyper turbo bankroll managment

• M3lchior
      M3lchior
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

after looking through the depths of google search for several eons and not hitting, I decided to ask here.

What is the proper BRM for hyperturbos ? I found some anecdotal evidence on anywhere from 100-200BI, but I don't really know. Any calculators ? This http://www.bankrolltools.com/ shows me something like 19BI which (to me) seems laughable - but I can't really find proper info on how to adjust to turbos/hypers or how to count in your ROI.

I've played only 600 of them (not a huge sample size) on 1.50$ with EV ROI 10% and ROI 14% (huge heater in the beginning, b/e now but EV still going straight up).

My br is approximately 500$ (most of which is actually from FL SH CG). I've tried some 3.50$ hypers and they seemed beatable (I'm even seeing the same regs I'm beating on 1.50$ :D ). Am I horribly nitty with my br or just reasonable ? When should I go up - 700$ or sooner ? What is some reasonable samplesize to get at least close to real ROI ?

Thanks for the help ! :)

M3lch
  • 7 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, M3lchior!

Can you please tell me what's the format, 6m or full ring? To sum it up very quickly, all the games up until 30$s are comfortably beatable. Sample size for real ROI is very tricky. The more, the better. Prolly no less than 10-15k games imo to give you an idea. It can still vary quite a bit.

Anyway, I will go for about 200-250BI for full ring and like 300BI for 6-max.

Good luck!
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      10k sample is still pretty small and will only show if you really are a winning player at best... for ROI u need like 50k+ and even then its not correct because every player with some potentional inside will improve dramatically over this sample, so basicly u will never know the ROI you are beating the game atm...

as for BR, most ppl stick to 100BIs for micro stakes. move up when you have 100 for next stake and move down when you loose 20-30 BIs and you will be fine... on the other hand, i know ppl who are 300bis and more below EV, so u never know...

GL ;)
    • Relative18
      Relative18
      Bronze
      Hy , i saw you are playing 6max hyper turbo , im playing them 2 , but i dont have so much experience . I'm looking for a study group or a person with who i can talk hands and maybe make session review .
      Skype id : EDITED BY KURRKABIN
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Relative18!

Due to safety rules, we don't allow posting personal information in public forums. You can still exchange skype names using our community tool of course!

Good luck!
    • M3lchior
      M3lchior
      Bronze
      9-men only. I'm used to regular 9-men sng's and I would not be sure if I could adjust my game appropriately.

Easily beatable ... what ROI is real with decent knowledge of ICM ?

Anyway thanks guys - how many tables would you suggest for hypers ? And some good books/references/tips for any aspect of the format ?

I'm using HEM and SNGwiz and have read some stuff, but would like to learn more.
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      I know that on 6-man Hypers an ROI of 5%+ is very good. On higher stakes, anything above 0% is good, 2-4% is very good, above that you are a beast. I don't know about 9-man. Only play those with a good rakeback deal. I have seen graphs with a 30k games breakeven stretch.
      By what I read in some blogs, those games are very soft, but hard to beat because you need massive volume and may experience huge swings.

I may be wrong, I do not play those anymore, and just played a few thousand 6-man hypers to clear a bonus. I know there are blogs on these games on PStrategy, so might be interesting to look that up.

Good luck.
    • M3lchior
      M3lchior
      Bronze
      Cools.

Any suggestions on poker books ? Is Moshman's book on sngs good or dated ? What about kill everyone ?