Live poker in Europe

• Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      Hi PS

I'm in a trip in Europe right now and i played a cash game at the Viage yesterday.
      I entered with 200Euros and tryed to play BSS.
      These tables are full with fish with very wide range and willingness to go to showdown with medium hands but there are way too many limpers.
      I managed to win two medium pots and find myself 50euros up before losing a big pot against a guy who called most of his stack with 22 in hand on a A34 flop, making the odds on the turn to go all in just too good to fold for me with my AT. Unfortunately for me, the turn was a 2 :(

So i'm -100euros now.
      Anyone had experience with those live games? do SSS or MSS work in those rooms?
      Any tips to playing vs many limpers/callers? because in most pots i was against 3-5 people on the flop.
  • 5 replies
    • pawel0903
      pawel0903
      Bronze
      How many bb do u raise preflop ?
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Yeah, live poker is very fishy, a lot of limpers and gamblers stacking off with gutshot or 3rd pair :D You need to adjust and be able to get sucked out sometimes. I haven't played much live, but from my experience at 1/2 or something like that, I advise you to play ABC, the level of players is similar to NL2 or NL5 online.

This is just my opinion, probably someone with more live experience will give you better advice :D
    • LendarTecho
      LendarTecho
      Bronze
      I had the same problem. I played in a local online poker room where the players were as you described. I didnt know how to play against them and eventually I quit that room.
    • Asaf92
      Asaf92
      Bronze
      I raised 3+1x limpers pre flop.
      I think about whether to play another cash game, join a multi re buy for 60euros or join a 100euros freezeout.

I'm a bit broke as well...
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      In my experience tight SSS can work very well live but you have to willing to swing a bit because you will get called very light preflop often from many players who are deep.

MSS for me I think is really tough live as you get in tricky spots where you find yourself priced in to call with so much action pre which can be -EV

DSS is what I usually opt for because most live players sit with strange stack sizes and you can sometimes exploit that by applying pressure (Which requires ammunition)

remember to keep an eye on your stack and top up before the hand begins to avoid getting caught out.

GL GL GL