sss players please beware

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Firstly I am a BSS player. I don't like sss. But I really do enjoy playing against them.

The main problem with you guys is that your too predictable. You fold till you get an ok hand, then you raise. Against bss players those raises are not that important since they are most of the time to small to affect us a lot.
      Then the flop comes, if we are in position against you and you check your already in trouble most of the time, and if the bet is low numbers your in even bigger trouble.

Little example:
      sss with A 10 raises preflop. I call with AK.
      Then without thinking, because some strategy tells him to push his little stack in even if he doesn;t hit the flop he goes all in. I call and win.

If I a bss calls you on the preflop he has a good hand because we do know sss stradegies. Do not go all in out of position, or re-raise or anything.
      Somehow I am getting the impression that sss players are too reckless when they play. Your push-fold stradegy isn't that effective against bss players.
      Also we can bluff against you on the flop and you fold since if I bet half or your stack as a bluff... you cannot call.

As I am writing this I just tilted another sss player... and won.

Overall I think bss is more effective then sss. I went from 12$ to 34.55 in 2 hours on a 5 cent/10 cent NL table. Just loosing once against an all-in, and even then the flop was in my favour. Well 50/50 regarding what would have happened on the turn and river and I lost on the turn.
  • 17 replies
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      IMO

If you try to apply SSS in micro stakes NL10, NL25 even NL50 (low stake), on FTP, your asking for trouble. Pokerstrategy offer free bankroll on FTP, PP, Titan, (others too), but those one are the main ones.

I was playing at FTP first, but everyone seems to come from pokerstrategy, or cardrunner or other sites alike. your SSS is less likely to succeed.

ON THE OTHER HAND, Ive share the SSS strategy with my dad who play on FTP and mainly on UltimatBet.

He said that FTP just dont work out, but Ultimatebet is working out pretty well, people dont seems to know SSS. or less people, I should say.

Im not saying you should move to doyles room, ultimate bet and other poker room that are smaller, but SSS implement the basics of poker. good luck trying to rich your millionth dollar with the strategy.

Bottom line is SSS should be profitable but only if you have discipline and stick to it.
    • xarry2
      xarry2
      Bronze
      I hope nobody here plays the strategy Dragar is referring to :D
      This wouldn't be very profitable. Most of the things he mentions actually aren't part of the basic SSS. Take a look at the strategy articles again if you play like Dragar describes. However I must disappoint Dragar. SSS if played correctly is always profitable. So don't automatically give up if a BSS from PS.com calls you. You will just have to think a bit more about the hand - a SHC or strategy article is a decent guide to achive first experience but nevertheless you can't stop thinking.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Is not true that all BSS players have clue about us SSS players. If that would be case all would know SSS strategy and that would mean no fishes on tables etc.
      I play SSS and my best additional information about players are notes about them so if they play tricky on me i write down so i have knowledge for next time.

There are BSS players that smooth call my preflop raise with AA, KK, QQ and AK for example. I write that down and next time i am in big advantage against them since i can put them exactly on range and adopt my play to that.

I could write more examples but fact is playing poker FR low limits in my opinion is 75% about cards and 25% about image and what you know about other players. Anyway if you eat us shortstackers for lunch not bad ;)
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      SSS is simply based on suckers because every good player will realise what OP wrote about, that theyr 100% predictible.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah basically I am adapting to the sss players on the table since I know their strategy.,
      If one of them plays good I stay away from him. Really don't need a confrontation with one of those for prestige or so.

And yeah I noticed too that on FTP players seem to try to stick to a strategy no matter what and that there are a lot of them. Hence I just play bss there.

Will play for another 2 hours or so later on FTP, hopefully with similar results haha
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      well i stoped to read his post..after sss user with a10 raises his AK out of position ;) and tbh when i play in FR i hate playng against SSS users in the pot..even pf .. if you limp..or raise with lower pockets..you can get reraised to all in and cant call o.o i once had to fold preflop pockets.. that would turned into 400bb ;) becouse of my early position limp and short stacks push..
      you cant call for set value etc.. well why im talking this crap..every1 knows this anyways.. well allmost every1 ;)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah I know the feeling. I also fold pockets and A10 or so in tournies against pushes.

Was punished hard in two tournies right before getting into the money by accepting a re-raise....

I just do it now when I am sure.

(even lost with KK against freaking A10 or so haha)

Anyways after multiple losses and so on against sss players in FR and other tournies here is a solution:
      Forget about doubling up early on or half way through preflop. Someone reraises you just fold. Also already expect the re-raise and hence do limp play and smaller raises more often on good hands (nuts hands go all in if u want, but I had AA beat by some sss player too once.. so yeah)

That guy will get busted out anyways because he does push-fold stradegy way to early. Just let them battle it out and win the hands which you are sure of.

sss strategy early in a tournie were chip stacks are still similar and blinds are small is just dumb.

I always laugh when 100 players get eliminated within 10-15 minutes.
    • teslasecretweapon
      teslasecretweapon
      Bronze
      :heart: sss strategy early in a tournie were chip stacks are still similar and blinds are small is just dumb.:heart:

Please read some articles before posting - SSS is only a cash game strategy.Also it is absolutely profitable, and it isnt as simple as you may think. If I were BSS player I would never buy-in into table with couple of shortstacks- you will almost never get proper odds to call their raise, but if you properly adjust your callin/reraising range you could play profitable (but much less profitable than against BSS player :D ).
      All players with short stack arent PS SSS players, either. There are a lots of fish with small stack so I would say that about 55-65% short stack players on FTP are PS SSS players.
    • teslasecretweapon
      teslasecretweapon
      Bronze
      :heart: double post, sorry :heart:

There are as many bad shortstacks as BSS players on full tilt, thats for shore. But anyway it isnt profitable as much as it could be on some other sites. I (as a SSS playa) raised w AK one BSS called, flop comes J52 rainbow. I push directly, he calls and shows J4o :D .
      So BSS players: calling a SSS raise w any 2 is profitable! (If you do it once in a lifetime and hit nice flop that time :D ).
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Sounds like you know what you're talking about Dragar!

Adapting your playing style to beat SSS players? Wow!!!! What a good idea! That's certainly never been done before! *cough*

:)

p.s. what are you talking about with the tourney play? It's just bad players who've watched "Gus Hansen going crazy" on youtube who do that.

I can see why SSS players could be annoying if you like to limp with pocketpairs in early / mid but on the other hand - low risk blindsteals! :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well yesterday i had even more funny hand :D I had AKo in BB on NL50 button raise to 1,75$ i push and he calls with 92o :D Well he hitted 9 and got my money :(
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Sounds like you know what you're talking about Draghor!

Adapting your playing style to beat SSS players? Wow!!!! What a good idea! That's certainly never been done before! *cough*

:)

p.s. what are you talking about with the tourney play? It's just bad players who've watched "Gus Hansen going crazy" on youtube who do that.
      Yeah that tourney bit was off.. don't know why I put it.

Anyways don't try to make fun of me... if its profitable for me let it be alright.
      I am not an idiot who calls sss when they raise unless I have odds for it.

Its quiet simple:
      You make money of fish bss who call you.
      I make money of the sss who think their hands are nuts and well other bss who play badly.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Little example:
      sss with A 10 raises preflop. I call with AK.
      Then without thinking, because some strategy tells him to push his little stack in even if he doesn;t hit the flop he goes all in. I call and win.
      So you called a guy's push who has 6% handrange(mostly premium hands) with 2 overcards? :rolleyes:
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Well yesterday i had even more funny hand :D I had AKo in BB on NL50 button raise to 1,75$ i push and he calls with 92o :D Well he hitted 9 and got my money :(
      Wow ;]
      Today i had AA and raise to 4 bb + 1bb for the big blind in late position. He call me and i hit set on the flop. I go all-in and he call me with Q7o and make his streight. What to say here? :>
      After ~1 min at the same table i was with AA again and lose vs KK
      I think i have to start a thread in Downsing reports section
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze

Yeah that tourney bit was off.. don't know why I put it.

Because its annoying :) In the lower buy-ins I've found it not at all unusual for people to do this.

Theres a handy silver article about playing against SSS players. They've made a little chart of the equities of your hand versus the standard SSS range. Forgot you might not be able to read it, sorry.
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      I build my bankrol on Stars from 170 to 290$ with sss in week....and now come back to 160$...dont know what to said....my win % of AA in last 17k hand is 67%....and KK is 72%...that realy sick with pokerstars...i think that will move all money to some other platform...thats to rigged!

Play SSS on NL25..so 5$ buyin
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      sss with A 10 raises preflop.
      What?