A simple question about SSS

• 10 replies
    • teslasecretweapon
      teslasecretweapon
      Bronze
      Well, what is basic by the book SSS?
      There is a SHC that is a basic guideline, but blindsteals, resteals, freeplay with weak drows, SC pushes are part of the SSS, as well.
      Also, the most important part of SSS is players statistics so you can adopt your game and your reraise ranges.
      I started to play 2 weeks ago on NL50 FTP- first week I lost about 2,5BB/100 on 4,5k hands- a lot of bad beats, some of my bad play, but I played it by the book(I mean SHC).
      Second week I played 10,5k hands and was +4,5BB/100, mostly becouse I watched some Xarrys videos( just basic) and included blidsteals and folded some of the hands when I knew that , eaven thou I raised preflop, I was beaten.
      Also, I did this with no stats at all, so I think that you can acheive 6-7 BB/100 with mistake free game.
      On other sites, this winrate could be eaven higher becouse FT players are prety strong compared with other sites( correct me if Im wrong).
      Playing only basic SHC SSS on NL100 could be profitable, but I dont think that is profitable enough.
      I would like to see what xarry has to say if playing basic SSS (SHC and bronze articles) is profitable on NL200.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by teslasecretweapon
      Well, what is basic by the book SSS?
      There is a SHC that is a basic guideline, but blindsteals, resteals, freeplay with weak drows, SC pushes are part of the SSS, as well.
      Also, the most important part of SSS is players statistics so you can adopt your game and your reraise ranges.
      I started to play 2 weeks ago on NL50 FTP- first week I lost about 2,5BB/100 on 4,5k hands- a lot of bad beats, some of my bad play, but I played it by the book(I mean SHC).
      Second week I played 10,5k hands and was +4,5BB/100, mostly becouse I watched some Xarrys videos( just basic) and included blidsteals and folded some of the hands when I knew that , eaven thou I raised preflop, I was beaten.
      Also, I did this with no stats at all, so I think that you can acheive 6-7 BB/100 with mistake free game.
      On other sites, this winrate could be eaven higher becouse FT players are prety strong compared with other sites( correct me if Im wrong).
      Playing only basic SHC SSS on NL100 could be profitable, but I dont think that is profitable enough.
      I would like to see what xarry has to say if playing basic SSS (SHC and bronze articles) is profitable on NL200.
      I was referring to absolutely basic SSS that is thought in the basic articles. I played it a bit on NL100 and NL50, and I got the impression that NL100 players don't adapt to SSS that much, but NL50 players really know how to play SSSers. But as I said, I ONLY PLAYED A BIT, VERY SMALL SAMPLE :D So I was wondering till which limit the absolute basic one works.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      its fine up to nl 200, if you add basic stealing strategy
      imo
      at least, i could beat nl 200 w/o stats
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thats because you're special xylere ;)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      imo
      Thanks xylere, that's the answer I was looking for ;)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      imo
      Can you explain what is basic stealing strategy w/o stats, because i find only stats dependent startegy. Do you have some custom charts?

I play pretty successful now at NL25 with basic stuff, because it is so easy postflop after i played FL SH 0.25/0.5, where hand reading is important. I think i can loosen up late possition, but i have only 22'' monitor where 3x3 tables is pretty small and i can't really use stats. Im thinking about using poker ace popups when needed, but i dont know...

First thing I think about - in BU and SB add hands like 66, 55, AT, KJ, but really dont know is this idea is good.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Well, ultra basic strategy simply includes hands like 55+, KJ, AT in your stealing range... as you actually mentioned
      AT is in fact playable hand at late position on mid limits, like NL 200

basic stealing strategy, in my perspective, still assumes using statistics.
      it also includes resteals
      but you start from the tighter end and loosen up your ranges gradually

for resteal you need to work with equilator and use chart form the article.
      for the beginning you can have higher safety margin, like +15 or +10
      for instance, if the guy has 25 ATS, you resteal only with 35 ATS range and so on

for steals its a bit more complicated, therefore, again you have to start from the tighter end...
      observe tables, make notes on players who don't defend their blinds too often... mark players with 90+ FBB, you can steal very loose there, any two in fact...
      steal only from very tight players, with 80+ FBB, but still tight, like pp, broadway, A8+ from the button
      also obvious things, like not stealing 2 orbits in a row

this part of the strategy requires experience... analyze you hands and post them.

also search xarry posts in SSS board. you can use search by username. he wrote couple of posts about it
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      but i have only 22'' monitor where 3x3 tables is pretty small and i can't really use stats.

when i started, i was playing 12 tables on 15' using a lot of stats)
      i am sure you can do it on 22' 3x3

at least, most important stats

VPIP, PFR, ATS, Hands
      Flop aggression, Fold to cbet, WTS, FBB

should be enough for beginning
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for answers. I will try to add stats when i play next time.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Dippy19

I was referring to absolutely basic SSS that is thought in the basic articles. I played it a bit on NL100 and NL50, and I got the impression that NL100 players don't adapt to SSS that much, but NL50 players really know how to play SSSers. But as I said, I ONLY PLAYED A BIT, VERY SMALL SAMPLE :D So I was wondering till which limit the absolute basic one works.
      If you are talking about Titan poker(ipoker network) indeed NL50 is the hardest limit for me there. I can win money playing NL20 and also NL100 but NL50 is cursed at least for me. Biggest problem is so many other SSSyers. I mean you first have at least 5 players in line at every table at peak times and when you get there you see at least(if you are lucky) 4 SSS players! I didn't try so many sites jet but i think i will gave up on ipoker network althought gold status at Titan ain't bad at all for my range :( I personally even play sometimes more TAG as SHC says there!