Hello!

• Zildrazornus
      Zildrazornus
      Basic
      Hello,

I've been playing a couple hours a day online lately, and have been trying to improve my game. Got PokerTracker (4) to track my progress, and it seems quite useful so far.

I mostly play $0.5/$1 NL or $1/$2 Hold'em (max 6). Just started playing multiple tables, and it's been going okay.

Turned my $40 into around $700, and after I hit $700 there's been a lot of ups and downs. Currently have about $500. (Ran a couple top sets into a full-houses, but I guess that happens).

I'm mainly here to improve my heads-up game, which is terrible. I'm currently only playing max 6 people tables, because I tend to always lose heads-up.

Enough about me, I hope to improve my game and learn some tricks. See you around!

:)
  • 4 replies
    • LendarTecho
      LendarTecho
      Bronze
      Welcome to the community,
      Do you have any poker history? You started playing a bit higher stakes
      quickly, so i wonder if you have played the game in the past.
      Variance is normal in poker, so dont bother about the lost 200$ too much.
      Also, look at the articles in the strategy area, you will find something that will improve your heads up game, for sure.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Zildrazornus,

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, using tracking software such as PokerTracker is incredibly useful, not only to get information on your opponents, but also to keep track of your own game, which is just as important, if not more important.

Are you playing NL100-NL200 with just a $700 (now $500) bankroll? In that case, I would strongly recommend you move down in stakes a bit, since you just don't have the bankroll for it. With $700, it would be much safer to play NL25. Even NL50 is a shaky with such a bankroll, because it's not difficult to lose 14 BI even for a good player. So just imagine how quickly you can lose 4-7 BI on your current stakes. If you get some runbad, you can go broke very quickly.

Also, since you are still basic, you won't have access to too many of our strategy articles. And a lot of the Basic articles won't be extremely useful to you, most likely. You can get a higher status by playing on a tracked account on one (or more) of our partner poker rooms. You can find an overview of all these poker rooms here:

Poker rooms

If you want to learn more about our status system in general and see which status offers which benefits, you can visit this link:

Status & Points system

Hopefully this has helped, and hopefully we'll see you around more often :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Zildrazornus
      Zildrazornus
      Basic
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Are you playing NL100-NL200 with just a $700 (now $500) bankroll? In that case, I would strongly recommend you move down in stakes a bit, since you just don't have the bankroll for it. With $700, it would be much safer to play NL25. Even NL50 is a shaky with such a bankroll, because it's not difficult to lose 14 BI even for a good player. So just imagine how quickly you can lose 4-7 BI on your current stakes. If you get some runbad, you can go broke very quickly.
      Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not that bad playing those stakes with my current bank ha.

Playing mostly $2 NL (6 max).
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hehe, big difference between NL200 and NL2.

Tinos advice is spot on.

Why don't you start a blog to track your progress?

Regards,

Kyle.