special tournies on full tilt

• wininagn
      Does anyone know if there will be any specials or freerolls for PS members on Full Tilt anytime soon?

P.S I have just won a seat to the live 550E main event at the Costa Del Sol Poker festival, it will be my first 2 day live tournament and has a guarentee of E30000, any tips for me? :spade:
  • 9 replies
    • liamxk
      hi wininagn
      i just played my 1st big live tourney a few weeks back so not a expert on this but here are some points that should help.

between now and the tourney play as much live play as you possible can i didn't do this and felt very nervous and out of place in the 1st few hours of the tourney.

also and i think this is the main point don't play scared try i play your normal game. a few hands that i was involved i should of played them better but the fear of going out in this big tourney clouded my judgement in many ways. this is the biggest regret i have about the tourney.

and last but not lest relax and enjoy the experience.

good luck
    • Alexd10
      your wish has been granted, at full tilt $10k freeroll.

just sucks I wont be able to take part!
    • wininagn
      Thanks guys, when is the full tilt tournie? I cant find the lobby to sign up?
    • MackPDaddy
      I received an E-mail from Full Tilt, FYI

You are eligible to play for your share of $10,000 for free, you can register for Pokerstrategy's $10K Freeroll on Sunday, October 5th, at 13:00 ET (18:00 GMT).

Good luck!

Full Tilt Poker

Hope this helps
    • wininagn
      thanks mack I never got one of those mails, I think it is because Im on the Spanish network!!! I have never seen 1 freeroll that I can enter.

Anyone else got the same problem?
    • silent21
      hello guys i also play at FTP, is this freeroll only for PS members and where can i register?
    • slickdigital
      I think liam was spot on - dont think you have to change you play just coz its a big event - have confidence in your abilities ( at the end of the day it got you there in the first place!!)

I am not experienced in this type of event however I think table perception is very important, so try if possible to win early with clean/solid play, it allows you to open up more in later stages.... if you hit lucky early on through bad play your ability to gain respect when you need to push, steal, bluff is restricted..

Take time to watch your table - larger events are marathons not sprints, you will find your oppertunities just make sure you have enough of a stack to maximise them..

Final point - if you get short stacked stick to abc poker - dont put yourself in a position where you go out regreting the play...hard i know but ultimatly finishing an event ( in what ever position) an knowing that you made the right play is important for you to carry that forward to next ...

Good Luck
    • SoyCD
      Originally posted by silent21
      hello guys i also play at FTP, is this freeroll only for PS members and where can i register?
      Today is (was) the last day on which you can fulfil the registration conditions. You can find the details here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/1-PokerStrategy-Freeroll-At-Full-Tilt-Poker_09536

Best regards,
    • skateplussnow
      any more of these going around?