Battle of the Donkeys: The Report Team - Apply here

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      With the first round of the Battle of the Donkeys being completed, we are changing several things around the format. One of these changes is the implementation of a reporter team which will help track results, give live updates, and provide interviews with the players.

The advantages of playing on the reporter team include:

#1 You are always on a staked team - meaning you never need to buy in yourself
      #2 Since you are always in a the same team you can more easily qualify to be a top cashing player in the team and have higher chances of winning the big prize from the additional prize-pool
      #3 You can help make the BOD more fun and entertaining for everyone :)

In order to apply - write in this thread what you could envision yourself doing as a reporter and why you want to part of the team.

Current team captain is Velak who keeps track of all registered players and makes the final lists.
  • 28 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I can invision myself doing such a great job that PS will send me to report at the WSOP next year.

I'll be playing in most of them anyways and I'm usually around when the final player is still in so.

Mock Interveiw......

Q: (Me) How has poker Strategy helped you to accomplish your goals for the weekly tourney?

A: (unknown) Um.. well its nice of TC and Soy to bow out early each week to make it easier on me.

Q: (Me) Do you have any pre tourney superstitions or rituals?

A: (unknown) Well, I don't have any superstitions but I do like to crank ABBA and dance before any big tourney.

Q: (Me)What do you prefer 2 :heart: - 8 :spade: or 2 :spade: - 8 :heart: ?

A: (unknown) 2 :heart: - 8 :spade: of course!

Just a demo ;)

Let me know Soy if you want me to help.

I think it would be fun! It's also nice that the work load is getting spread out. I'll be happy to do a weekly interveiw or whatever...

Oh and no big woof if you choose someone else.

;)
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      There's a number I could do. First one would be making newsposts each week, properly formatted (I have xHTML and CSS knowledge, pretty decent at that thanks to my studies). As for my English, that's pretty decent as well, been online since I was 11 or so, always speaking English in games, on IRC, in MMO's, watching movies and what not. Part of the experience came by "working" for an e-Sports website called eSLive.com back in the day. The site is sadly offline...

That also brings me to the next part of my "job description" (made by myself, lol) - interviews. I'd probably do a longer interview (featured player kind of thing) with the winner of the event, if he's available for this, as well as maybe some shorter interviews (3-6 questions I guess) DURING the tournament to be posted on the forums, with, for example, the current chipleader or the leader of a team or so...

Will probably add more ideas if I can come up with them. For now, I'll continue painting my room :D (the colors kick ass !!!)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I was bored and felt like making something. Depending who is on the first team and what they decide I can fix this up still. Different name etc.... still needs a little editing i noticed.

here is a new name

Media Maniacs "We Will Make You Poor and Famous"

"image gone"
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      @Cardbender: Haha I love the slogan "we will make you poor and famous" - and I can already see people signing up at the site just to read your interviews :P

@fostie: I think we can definitely find something for you to do on the team :) I will talk to you on IRC about it when I have time!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      cool :D

I was going to leave the name for others but I though Media Maniacs was a good one. I thought of other names.... but I'll leave like that for now.

:D

time 4 bed gn zzzzz
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Oh and Media Maniacs is definitely better :D
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      awesome name & slogan, I'd change the font though
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fostie
      awesome name & slogan, I'd change the font though
      I agree, the script at the bottom is tough to read for my old eyes. (of course, I just got up not long ago, eyes still adjusting to the light )
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      "image gone"
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      hmm honestly, I like it less (overall)

The text is better, but the contrast isn't too eye pleasing (for me). Dark lettering with (in parts) dark background makes some of the letters .. well.. harder to read.

Really like the graphics on the right . The silhouette of the guy on the left, again, on my monitor anyway, is hard to distinguish.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Black on blue is not so good try yellow, red, orange,... if they suits better ;)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      "image gone"
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      ["image gone"
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      most people that are fairly new to graphic design often try to pick fonts that are "too cool", I think that might be the case for you as well

less is more is often a correct guideline for these kind of things
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      most people that are fairly new to graphic design often try to pick fonts that are "too cool", I think that might be the case for you as well

True true...

After 3 years of this shit Verdana is still my fav font :D
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

True true...

After 3 years of this shit Verdana is still my fav font :D
      hehe me too. I tend to like clean designs with plenty of whitespace, etc.

Let's see some submissions Hlynkinn!
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      You guys are so boring... :O joking

I was just having fun. I was actually going to do my own graff art but it would have taken to long on the pc. :) By no means is it finished I actually think the silohette on the left is too dark.

Feel free to use this one i have started to work with or re-build a new one :)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      This will be my last one if the other idea doesnt look good :)

I tried to use that pivot program to make a animated stick man running/walking/jumping on the on the letters but it will take to long. So thats what I got ^^
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I'll put myself forward for consideration here. Interviewing and news reports and tracking have already been taken care of... I guess I could just be a general dogsbody and help with anything else thats need doing or contribute to anything the main roles don't have time for. Or maybe do some railing and try and catch interesting hands/table images/in game chat.

I also make a mean cup of coffee ;)

@cardbender, last one is the best one yet :)