Seem to have finally turned the corner

• gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Hi guys, been on here for quiet a while now posting hands, reading blogs, watching videos. Just got my self a good job so seems like not going to be able to play as much NL as i have been. Basically ive been out of work since May and in that time i decided to play and learn as much about the game as i could. Since i started play i was very much a break even player in the micros without really knowing why over prob 50k hand(not sure if that sample size is big enough)
      I think i can finally say that im beating micro stakes over the past 3 months, mainly NL10 with the odd shot at NL 25. For me, i think the major difference has to be selective aggression, outplaying regs(which im now finding much easier to read) not being afraid that im being bluffed all the time and just that big bets and raises usually mean strength and i think possibly the biggest thing is finally learning how to use HEM and undrstand the stats/ what they mean and how to use this knowledge. I think all of this has lead to the huge improvment on my red line, which had gone from very negative to somewhat positive.
      I had been thinking of starting a blog but at the moment i dont think i have enough time to do it consistantly so i was just wondering if someone could show me how to post some graphs/stats etc and if i was lucky enough to have a judge or 3, to look at it, and of course fellow members i would really appreicate it.
      So what im planning to do is when im working im going to be away from home im not going to have access to the web so no poker. I plan on reviewing hands, session, opponents, and after viewing coach SHEVS damm fine video(the name i cant remember at the moment) on how to improve hand reading using a combination of HEM and EQUIBLAB and use the time when im home to use what ive learned to good use at the tables, and if i made a few friends along the way all the better.
      Sorry about the long post and mods if its in the wrong forum please feel free to move
      Talk soon
      GFM 1975
  • 11 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello there gfm1975,

i am very satisfied that you are improving your game and that you became self-confident about it. This is great. Just keep with hard work and of course all your effort will be repaid in poker and as well in personal/professional life.

I had been thinking of starting a blog but at the moment i dont think i have enough time to do it consistantly so i was just wondering if someone could show me how to post some graphs/stats etc and if i was lucky enough to have a judge or 3, to look at it, and of course fellow members i would really appreicate it.

I am going to post you here just few steps how to do that and then if you need some more explanation on those steps just tell me and i will show you every step more in detail.

1) Export your graph from HEM and save picture to your desktop.
      2) Make a print-screen of your stats and save picture to the desktop. Post your 'overall' stats and stats by 'Position'
      3) Upload the images to ImageShack or similar site. After you upload pictures you will get a link to them.
      4) Use 'Insert image' button from the toolbar and enter the link of the image in it so the image will be seen on your post.

As i said if you will have any problems with each of the steps just feel free to ask and i will clarify to you more in detail.

Wish you all the best
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Thanks alan ill try that first chance I get
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Is there any chance i can get some more info on how to post graphs and stats. I have tried but cant seem to figure it out yet, you know kinda like"how to show dummies how to do stuff", Thanks in advance
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Ok so think i have it, here are my stats by position. I think there ok but i think i need to open up my range on the BU
      http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4633/lhzt.png
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      OK you uploaded your image successfully.

Now just click on the toolbar on image icon.

You will see a popup and then just write your link in that popup and after you save your post you will see the image.

Then i suggest you to post your thread with your questions about your stats in this board, where it will reach target audience and you will get great replies there.
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze

So heres my graph for the past 2 and a half months approx. If anyone could tell me how it looks. I guess im just wondering if varience has swung my way or have i indeed improved, maybe this is not possible from looking at a graph so if anyone can spare a minute or 2 have a look and if you have any thoughts feel free to share, positive or negative. If more info is needed i will try my best to share it.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      hello again gfm1975.

I see you successfully posted your first picture here. Well done :D .

But unfortunately picture is to small and graph is not well seen. I also think you wanted to post another picture with stats but this picture doesn't exist.

Maybe you re-sized your picture when you made an upload on ImageShack.

Be careful what you choose there. Choose "Do not resize". Otherwise you picture will be re-sized.

And when you will paste your picture to our forum just use Direct Link like on the picture above.

Then please just post your question on No limit board. There you will get the best answers.

I know we will manage to do that :s_love:
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Ok Alan thanks for your time, ill try that next time, hopefully i get it right
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze

Here is the graph for the last approx 3 months
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I will writte you here what you were probably doing wrong so that i dont spam your post in No Limit board.

Be careful on one thing:

When you click on image icon http:// is predefined there.

When you pasted the link there you pasted it after that. There has to be only one http://

So when you posted it wrongly that was written in the window: http://http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7666/aulw.jpg

So correctly there must be only one http:// as you can see on the picture below.
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      oh yea i see, i wasnt pasteing it right, thanks for the help, until the next time :D