Looking for some feedback

• gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze

Was just wondering if anyone would like to give some feedback on my graph for the last 3 months. Ive really been working hard at my game and i think im finally on the right road. If anyone is interested i can post some stats to. Please let me know if anything else is needed

edited by Alan883: i just edited your post so the graph is seen
  • 17 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      This is one great graph gfm1975. I think it will be difficult to find many leaks there :s_cool: .

Please tell us also what type of poker you play and what limit.

Please include also your overall stats and stats by position because otherwise all we can say is that you are winning player :s_biggrin:
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Can you tell me what i was doing wrong as im really new to this as you can prob tell lol.

• Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Looks good so far - what games do you play / What stakes?

GL GL GL
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      At the moment im playing 5 tables at NL 10, and also taking shots at the next level NL20, so its usually 4 tables at NL10 and one at NL20 where if any thing the players are a not quiet as good which might sound strange but somehow its true. At the moment im trying to open up a bit on BU because my win rate seems a little low from that position.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      How many hands are graphed there?
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      its just under 30k i think. i was about 50k break even but i had HEM problems and had to completely remove HEM and reinstall so i lost the 50k hands
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      I am slightly hesitant to comment simply because the graph is going up! If it's not broken, dont' try to fix it imo.

A couple of things do stand out thoguh... looks like you could open up your 3bet% when you are IP, especially on the BU. Overall it looks like you're 3betting a relatively static range - however this could be a function of the overall player pool. I mean if you are always playing against really weak villains then there is no sense in adding bluffs to your 3bet range, but maybe you can even widen your value range vs them a little bit? I think a good rule of thumb is BU 3bet% should be at least around the same amount as your 3bet from the blinds... at least that's what i think seems right.

One realy major thing is you don't seem to be considering position enough... what i mean is you are super tight from most positions! EP and MP look fine, but CO and BU are waaay too tight, if not SB as well. From CO you can be anywhere between 20% and 30%, from BU you can be anywhere between 40% and 60% (maybe even ATC vs some guys). So i suggest you try to open much wider... position = winning! I thought your cbet% from SB was pretty high but then i saw your pfr is so low so you just have a stronger range overall from there. You should aim to play SB like you play the CO - be dynamic. Who is BB? If he's a nit then open ATC until he tells you otherwise; if BB plays back a lot then tighten up. But overall you can get away with at least opening ~25% in SB imo.

You are also folding quite a lot to cbets in general. Maybe look for spots to float a little more, but other than that it looks good overall and i wouldn't really want to change much given your results.

I hope that helps a bit!
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Thanks for the detailed reply, ill have to read it a few times and try to think of spots where i can add it to my game. I dont think im doing anything major wrong but i guess its the little things that can make a big difference but i do agree with you 100% about opening up my BU stats as its something ive noticed after looking through my database and its something i been focusing on lately but i just never seem to pick the correct spots. I do tend to raise and 3b light v regs and try not to do it as much v fish.
      Have to say i agree again with advice about floating. It was someting i never really did as i didnt have the odds, but say, the past month or so ive been doing it more with GS draws, BD draws, over cards and firing a little more when scare cards that complete draws hit but naturally this is dependant on the type of player, also when in position v villians who only fire one barrell and C/F on the turn. Ive also been trying to donk a little more v the tighter opponents when the flop does not hit there perceived range, not to sure how this is going at the moment, its a little to early to tell at he moment.
      Thank again for the reply
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Yeah definitely, it's just something you'll have to play around with and get a feel for what works and what doesn't. I meant to say that PFR and RFI are different... what I was talking about was your RFI stat which isn't actually shown in the stats you posted. In HM2 this is called 'UO RFI' i think, for 'unopened raise first in'. Have a look for it and then see what it's like by position - it might be a little better. If your CO, BU and SB RFI stats are anything like your PFR then it is likely that you are missing out on a lot of value.

Generally you shouldn't try and change anything too drastically all at once, but you really cannot go wrong with opening your CO ~25%, BU ~45% and SB ~25%. Of course these are just rules of thumb, but I don't really think there are many reasons to be any tighter than this without some serious reads. Just as an idea, if you open raise to 2bb on the BU and the blinds fold 57% or more (in total) then you can open almost ATC in theory and profit. Although I guess since your range is tighter you should be opening to 3bb, but still it works the same way - if they fold 66% or more in total then you can open a lot. In practice they will probably catch on so it isn't a great idea, but also in practice you will most likely have some equity anyway and so you aren't auto-losing whenever they defend.
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Ok ill try add bit by bit, baby steps an all that. Would you open up that loose even if the remaning players were fish, thats one thing that im not sure how to apply so i tend to fold unless there the more tight regs in blinds and so on
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Yeah I would open that loose (on the BU) especially if there are fish in the blinds - I want to play IP with the fish :) Sure we have a weak range, but...
      - they can and do fold a lot preflop
      - they have weak ranges themselves
      - they will often invest money preflop a lot and play fit/fold on the flop
      - we are better players than fish (hopefully!)
      - they suck at poker

So you see it isn't a huge problem and I think you would be missing out on value by opening tighter vs fish. How you create a strategy from then on just depends on what information you gain from your fish in the blinds - find his weakness and own him. For example: fish likes to call pre and fold on a ton of flops = we open 3x or even 4x on the BU and cbet most flops. Or if he is a complete station and never folds postflop then sure tighten up, and don't auto cbet unless you want to barrel or something.
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Ok doc, thanks for your time. Here is what ive been thinking. Maybe u can say if its a good idea or not. Basically i thinking i could bet ATC, within reason against the tighter reg but verring on the side of suited connectors or one gappers, i can rep high cards easily and sometime i hit my draw which would be very hidden
      Now against the stations im thinking i could lean towards suited A's and K's all the way down to A2 K2, maybe unsuited but for a start ill go with suited. This way im thinking i can hit top pair and have showdown v those players who call down light. I am of course not going to go crazy, tried this last night but trried to implement it all in first session and it didnt go to well(down 1.5 bi), but i think it was just one of those nights that you get every now and then.
      Thanks agian doc for the time and if any other judge would like to comment please do and especially member who, too thinks they have turned the corner and how you acheived that, please get in touch, maybe we can help each other out.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Yep against tight people you can open really wide because they just give you their blinds. Also remember if they call you should tighten up yourself and only continue with a stronger range in general.

Overall playing the BU should be really dynamic and it's good that you are thinking about how your range would change vs different guys. When you're considering opening a hand, just think about what exactly you want to achieve vs those players. An example would be playing from the SB with a fish in BB: opening small SCs won't be a great idea if the guy is stationy because SCs need FE as well as pot equity, so you then adjust your range to include hands that you think will fit against a stationy person - hands with good strength that can hit a good TP and take to SD. It will really all depend on who the blinds are :)

If you lose 1.5BI from opening too wide on the BU then you might want to look into what you did postflop - remember just because you have a wider range preflop doesnt mean you should spam all boards or continue with wide ranges postflop. Just keep in mind that you have position so try your best to use it as well as you can - check back and delayed cbet in some spots, fire 2 barrels in other spots, give up in some spots etc etc.
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      ok thanks. Only a fool doesnt take the doctors advice. But seriously ill try bring that into my game slowly over time and see how it goes. Just reviewed last nights session and had a couple of coolers so it wasnt all to do with being more aggressive. Talk soon doc
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Be very very careful while you are changing your game. Your graph was really great so far. Of course you can do even better from certain position but be very careful because loosen up game means that you will run into many more marginal spots postflop which may lead you to loose your money in a long run. You will have many difficult decisions on cBets you will face more 3bets and so on.

So please don't just change your game because we said so. You need clear theory and practice behind it. Otherwise you will have nicer stats and no money. We play for be a winning player with great amount of bb/100hand and not to have nice stats.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gfm1975
      ok thanks. Only a fool doesnt take the doctors advice. But seriously ill try bring that into my game slowly over time and see how it goes.
      Hahaha I'm only playing nl20/nl25 myself so no reason to just trust what I'm saying :) could be very wrong!

and...

Originally posted by Alan883
      Be very very careful while you are changing your game. Your graph was really great so far. Of course you can do even better from certain position but be very careful because loosen up game means that you will run into many more marginal spots postflop which may lead you to loose your money in a long run. You will have many difficult decisions on cBets you will face more 3bets and so on.

So please don't just change your game because we said so. You need clear theory and practice behind it. Otherwise you will have nicer stats and no money. We play for be a winning player with great amount of bb/100hand and not to have nice stats.
      this!
    • gfm1975
      gfm1975
      Bronze
      Agreed 100%, thanks lads. Hopefully i see you soon at the higher limits