zoom sit out

• DrumazDrum
      DrumazDrum
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Wanted to ask question, maybe there is already answer in forums, but anyway..

Is this a good practise if I'm leaving a zoom table, when I make 0,5+ BI at that table? I mean, that in zoom game, there are lots of players, who play with big stacks, so for protecting my already made winnings from a badbeat, i just leave the table and take a new one with my initial BI?

BR,
      Lukas
  • 7 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey DrumazDrum,

This all depends on how confident and comfortable you are playing deep stacked.

If your are not, leave at which ever point you start feeling uncomfortable AND if your comfortable, go as deep as you can get :)

regards,

Kyle
    • DrumazDrum
      DrumazDrum
      Bronze
      Can we just depend on ours comfortability? Poker is a mathematics, and these little percents of badbeats could easily take away your winnings.. I see many people playing 3-6 initial BI's at the tables, but I still believe it is too much risk out there..

And writting down this reply, 2 mins ago a faced a good cooler, which perfectly ilustrates what I'm talking about :)
      Just short summary: I opened with AA, one villain just called. flop came QQA. Turn blank, river blank. I was happy to go all in OTR, but unfortunatelly i faced pocked QQ from the villain. On that kind of board, there are no chances I can fold my hand (or maybe I'm so low level poker player?). So this cooler just illustrates, that sometimes there is too much risk out there and you have to balance it.

Just my thoughts, thanks for any replies guys!

GL
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey DrumazDrum

I never sit out when I get deeper. Thing is that there aren't to many people that are deep on speed poker (iPoker) so it doesn't really matter. The most I can loose is a BI anyway.

If you aren't comfortable playing deep you can always leave the table and start again with 1BI. I'd do it when I double up tbh. I wouldn't do it with 0,5BI.

The hand that you just said is an easy stack off. almost everyone with stack off with Qx hands and there is only 1 combo of QQ. I'd stack off there for 3BI's!

Regards

RasTweet
    • DrumazDrum
      DrumazDrum
      Bronze
      Yes, I definetely agree with that hand stack off for 3 or even more BI's, but as I said, you just have to face other side of these deep stack plays.

Well, seems legit that you never sit out, while there are not many opponents with 2+ BI's in iPoker, but i.e. PS zoom games are full of these 2x-3x BI players :)

I do believe mathematical calculations could prove that there is +EV to sit out with (1+x)BI's especially in PS :f_biggrin:

Thanks for discussion guys!!
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Do you BI with 100BB or less

If you already playing BSS then I really dont see why you should rathole.

If you playing MSS or SSS (ipoker) and feel more comfortable with those stack sizes then sitting out and comming back with smaller stack is a must.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Moved to the PokerStars board :)

I've started playing NL2 Zoom again recently and if I'm up to $3 or more I usually leave and re-join. I'm not afraid of playing with a bigger stack but I just prefer this tactic as I'm playing very, very tight.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      The bigger the stack the more the skill comes into effect, I say learn to play deep and print $$$, it is easier to learn at low limits than at higher limits IMO