adjusting to these players

• sensei77
      sensei77
      Bronze
      Exploitation and other stuff

1)How can I exploit (pre/post) villain who peels a lot in BvB situations and Buttonsteal vs BB situations if villain is aggressive good player?

2) Also how can I exploit (postflop) more passive good player (aggression factor 1.4-1.5) or so who for example just call their top pairs/second pairs/draws and bet them when we check to them on river (in position).

3) I also have difficulties with aggressive good 3bettor on sb (3bet like 35-40% of their hands).. is it correct to bluff more knowing their range is very wide or do I just let them barrel off, how I adjust?. (pre/post)

I know all depends how they play postflop but would like to general good advices how I should adjust preflop and postflop play agains these type of players.

Maybe some examples would be good.

4) Also Is it correct to have 33% of your c-r flop range as bluffs/semibluffs in normal steal defence situation (in every flop type).Remember having read that somewhere. I quess it is good to bluff less against more sd type players ?? and bluff raise more against foldy type. Is that % correct in general?
  • 2 replies
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sensei77

1)How can I exploit (pre/post) villain who peels a lot in BvB situations and Buttonsteal vs BB situations if villain is aggressive good player?
      Not easily because this is exactly what you're supposed to do in late position situations. When your opponent c-bets he is getting 4.25-1 on his bet. In other words, if we fold more that 18% of the time he profits by default.

Now obviously there are some situations where range assymetry is so against us it's better to fold more than his (i.e. if we've raised from the HJ, the BB 3-bet and an Ace flopped) but in late position play this is almost never the case.

2) Also how can I exploit (postflop) more passive good player (aggression factor 1.4-1.5) or so who for example just call their top pairs/second pairs/draws and bet them when we check to them on river (in position).
      You have to adjust your ranges somewhat to take into account that their calling range is stronger than you would normally anticipate. This would ordinarily mean they will be a bit unbalanced towards being showdown bound so you would probably decrease the % of which bluffs make up of your range. You'll still always bluff with the bottom of it but probably less than what GTO/Balance would dictate.

In the end though they're only costing themselves money because they're winning less with the top of their range than they should unless they make up for it on later streets

3) I also have difficulties with aggressive good 3bettor on sb (3bet like 35-40% of their hands).. is it correct to bluff more knowing their range is very wide or do I just let them barrel off, how I adjust?. (pre/post)
      Most people do, it's why it's recommended to 3-bet 30% of your hands in Button vs SB situations.

Again it's a wide range situation and you simply have to play your range vs his as best as you can. If he seriously overdoes his 3-betting then, yes it's weak, but you have to see his post-flop tendencies to see what tendencies you can exploit from there. (i.e. if he over-folds to turn aggression because of a weak range, attack there, if he's super showdown bound increase your value-range etc)

I know all depends how they play postflop but would like to general good advices how I should adjust preflop and postflop play agains these type of players.

4) Also Is it correct to have 33% of your c-r flop range as bluffs/semibluffs in normal steal defence situation (in every flop type).Remember having read that somewhere. I quess it is good to bluff less against more sd type players ?? and bluff raise more against foldy type. Is that % correct in general?
      In a single raised pot 25-30% is generally the idea yes. Combining the odds our opponent is getting with the equity you'll have with a bluff most of the time and you end up in this area most of the time.
    • sensei77
      sensei77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Originally posted by sensei77

Not easily because this is exactly what you're supposed to do in late position situations. When your opponent c-bets he is getting 4.25-1 on his bet. In other words, if we fold more that 18% of the time he profits by default.Now obviously there are some situations where range assymetry is so against us it's better to fold more than his (i.e. if we've raised from the HJ, the BB 3-bet and an Ace flopped) but in late position play this is almost never the case.

do you play differently preflop and postflop against villain who folds flop cb in BvB situations 20% and villain who folds 35%. I quess You should open preflop more against fitfold type of player and bluff less turn/river when they just call because their range is more stronger.

You have to adjust your ranges somewhat to take into account that their calling range is stronger than you would normally anticipate. This would ordinarily mean they will be a bit unbalanced towards being showdown bound so you would probably decrease the % of which bluffs make up of your range. You'll still always bluff with the bottom of it but probably less than what GTO/Balance would dictate.In the end though they're only costing themselves money because they're winning less with the top of their range than they should unless they make up for it on later streets

Do you mean give up more my bluff hands in RIVER particularly?

Most people do, it's why it's recommended to 3-bet 30% of your hands in Button vs SB situations.Again it's a wide range situation and you simply have to play your range vs his as best as you can. If he seriously overdoes his 3-betting then, yes it's weak, but you have to see his post-flop tendencies to see what tendencies you can exploit from there. (i.e. if he over-folds to turn aggression because of a weak range, attack there, if he's super showdown bound increase your value-range etc)

Do you change your preflop tendencies when you have aggressive sb raiser??

In a single raised pot 25-30% is generally the idea yes. Combining the odds our opponent is getting with the equity you'll have with a bluff most of the time and you end up in this area most of the time.
      Is it correct to semibluff this much vs laggy showdown type players and just make adjustment to river so you almost never barrel the river except your very weakeast part of your range