Poker Mentor Wanted

• Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      Sounds like a strange classified Ad i know!!

Hi im Stuart,

I have been on these forums for some time now. I have been playing for just over a year and my leaks are endless!

I am however, determined to succeed as i am not the kind of person to give up on anything.

I moved up today to NL5 for the first time and it was because my play was winning and consistent and not me putting a few more pennies in the pot! lol!

--------------

Now for the reason i am writing! I am looking for someone to be my Poker Mentor and help me to become the best i can be and then a bit more!

I am not asking for a free coach but someone who i can talk to about a session help me become better. Someone who can answer questions, occasionally give me tips and help me to develop, tell me home truths etc.

As a result i think the coach would need to be someone who is confident in their play and ability and is willing to help me out from time to time!

I live in the UK near London so the odd spare room might be available for when you take trips etc lol!

As i said before this is a strange one but i want to learn and get better like a lot of other do. I also think being a mentor will help you in your development in terms of reaffirming your ideas and concepts along with looking at things from a different perspective. Plus when i ask you questions on spots you have been in it may make you delve into things more substantially.

I look forward to hearing from the forum and any quips people may have!!

Stu
  • 7 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't think you are alone in wanting a poker mentor :f_p: I for one would also like this but at the moment I'm just discussing hands with friends who play a variety of stakes up to NL400.

I'll be happy to add you to my skype group of poker friends though. (I like to chat with people who play below me as well as above me) PM me your skype and we can sweat each other and look at each others hands etc. I'm from just north of London by the way, in which direction do you hail?
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Poker Mentor for NL2-NL5 ? If you need help to beat NL5, poker is not for you.

---
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      DaPhunk i will add you

unshpe - very helpful thank you
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      DaPhunk i live in a place called Marlow just up the m40
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Add me and maybe I could help you.
    • pericas1991
      pericas1991
      Silver
      i think with just watching videos and reading strategy articles you should be able to get to at least nl25, maybe even higher by yourself, if you are to lazy to put in work by yourself i think its kinda selfish to ask people to spend time helping you.. i personaly got to a point where i was nl100 breakeven player and than started searching for coaches, so yea, unshpe`s post does seem to be a bit rude but he has a good point... :f_p:
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      i think with just watching videos and reading strategy articles you should be able to get to at least nl25, maybe even higher by yourself, if you are to lazy to put in work by yourself i think its kinda selfish to ask people to spend time helping you..

Good point. :)