SHC Charts

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I'm just curious about what levels each SHC chart is most effective. I know the article says to make sure that you are skilled post-flop in before switching to the bronze charts. But this can be kinda subjective. Sometimes I play well post-flop and sometimes I slip.

But based on the different types of play at each level, there must be a point where the basic chart is no longer successful, or when the bronze charts are no longer successful. I'm just curious about what people think about each chart at each level.

Specifically about me, I play at .5/1 at Fulltilt and Pokerstars, playing mostly on pokerstars and hoping to open a Party Poker account soon. Any feedback about what charts succed at what levels would be greatly appreciated.
  • 3 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I used bronze chart (the one with "First in", "1 Raise", "Limper (123)", "1 Raise & 1 Call", "Blinddefense" tables) 'till 2/4 and then switched to approx's chart (what is too complicated with more than 4 tables).
      Don't worry about charts too much; as you mentioned, it's JUST preflop play - money are in later streets (the most important is turn I think..), so try to improve your post-flop skills more.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback. So the basic charts, (before the bronze charts) are too tight I am guessing?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      they're fine, but basic ;)
      These charts were made to prevent you from though decisions post-flop in the beggining of your career.. While growing up as poker player, you're still more and more skilled post-flop (or you should be after some time), so you can get more value from suited cards and/or connectors etc.
      I doubt you counted your outs with gutshot+flush draw during the first sessions so you should avoid these kind of hands that time. Now, as more skilled, you're able to make more complex decisions, so it's logical to switch to another charts :)

good luck

btw:

Sometimes I play well post-flop and sometimes I slip.
      you're not alone; trust me :D