ambigiuity

• narefa13
      narefa13
      Bronze
      in your article says if there are less than 10 players on the table for positioning we must eliminate positions begining from early UTG1.it means in 6 players table we dont have early position and starts from middle . but in 1 video says in 6 players table we have 1 early 1 middle and 2 late position. how can u explain this ambigiuity?
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello there narefa13,

first of all welcome to PokerStrategy.

Well we name sits a bit different in FR (Full Ring 10-max players) than in SH (Shorthanded 6-max players)

As an example i would like to show you standard naming for all positions.

Full Ring: EP1, EP2, EP3, MP1, MP2, CO(LP1), BTN(LP2), SB, BB
      ShortHanded: EP, MP, CO, BTN, SB, BB

So it depends how we name positions.

So if there are less players on FR table and you use PokerStrategy ORC(Open Raising Chart) and one sit is empty you simply remove one position and if you have to act first you choose hands from EP2.

Same thing apply (although we simplify here things a bit) in SH, but if one is missing and you have to act first you choose hands for MP position.

I hope i answer your question.

BTW: What plans do you have regarding poker? Do you have any experiences yet? How is your first impression of PokerStrategy? Sorry for so many questions :f_cool: .

I hope to see you around the forum.
      Good luck.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey narefa13,

First of all, welcome to the forum!

We generally make a distinction between two types of tables: full ring and short handed. There are a few exceptions here of course, such as heads up tables, but that's not relevant for now.

Full ring (FR) tables are tables with 9 or 10 seats available, whereas shorthanded (SH) tables have 6. Since both types of games play completely differently, there is usually a difference in terminology. So in SH, the first player to act is usually called UTG, the second player is MP, then you have CO, BU, and the two blinds.

Basically it's just a slight difference in terminology, because the two games are quite different.

Hopefully that made sense! If not just let us know and we will try to help you further :)

Since you are still new, why not take a few minutes of your time and introduce yourself to the rest of the community? You can do that here:

Introduce yourself

Hopefully we'll see you around the forum more often :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      And Alan beat me to it. :facepalm:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I hope narefa13 will not mind about double welcome :D .