missing section

• narefa13
      narefa13
      Bronze
      in startinh hand chart is said for having profit in a long run just play with card mentioned in the card as preflop. and every card which is not seen in the chart should be avoided to play.

in the last horizontal section is about suited cards in sequence. what does it mean ( T9s - 54s ) ?

i think means suited connectors ( 4-5 , 6-7 , 9-10 and suited) yes?

if yes , what happens to( k9-q9-t7 suited ) which have a potential to strong flush with high card or also what happens to 7-3 , 6-8 , 7-9 suited which still has chance to flush?

they are not playable at all even in late positions?
  • 1 reply
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey narefa13

Originally posted by narefa13
      in the last horizontal section is about suited cards in sequence. what does it mean ( T9s - 54s ) ?

i think means suited connectors ( 4-5 , 6-7 , 9-10 and suited) yes?
      Yes this is almost correct. Its 45, 56, 67, 78, 89, 9T suited.

Originally posted by narefa13

if yes , what happens to( k9-q9-t7 suited ) which have a potential to strong flush with high card or also what happens to 7-3 , 6-8 , 7-9 suited which still has chance to flush?

they are not playable at all even in late positions?

The 9T - 54 range doesn't only have a chance to hit a flush but also a decent chance of a straight, 2 pairs... And if you have a hand you kind of know if you have the best hand or not very often.

The problem with hands like K9, Q9 is that these hands a very dominated. If you hit top pair your kicker is only a 9. So how many worse pair of kings of queens do the other guys have? Not a lot. Also these hands doesn't have as much chance of hitting a straight.

73, 68, 79 again less chance of a straight. But 68s and 79s aren't bad hands at all if you know how to play them.

I personally do play most of these hands in late position, specially on the button. But like people said in other threads the starting hands chart is designed for beginners. It's to make sure you don't make to many mistakes preflop. Once you learned more about poker there is nothing wrong with starting opening these hands on the button.

Regards

RasTweet