This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

avoid 3/6

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I've tried it for at least 5 times...
      My bankroll was 8 times over $3200 (minimum to play 3/6 for me)...
      I was forced back to 2/4 5 times...

That's short intro :)
      I really hate that limit! Don't know why, I don't like it, don't look forward to play it, don't have fun... I can beat 2/4 anytime I try (with huge deviation during the session sometimes, but still!), I love it, I have fun playing poker, I'm winner there... Give me 1 reason to play 3/6; just 1 good reason, because I don't like poker while playing it.
      I'm not crying about downswing because it's not the problem here - I can get it back on lower limit but I'm fed up with that..

What do you think about avoiding it and building bankroll on 2/4 and then switching to 5/10??? I know it sounds stupid/f***ing crazy but I'm not just spamming - it's serious question.

So, what's your opinion???
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi opal99,

stop "hating" a limit. Just don't tell yourself that you hate it anymore as this might influnce your thoughts when playing it and then it's even harder to beat it. (That at least what I think.)
      It isn't easy (as I have nearly the same feelings about 5/10 :/) but you should think positive about it.

You can get tighter in the SB, BB when defending and you can raise a bit tighter in the BU and CO as there is less dead money in the pot.

The idea about avoiding a limit is definatly a way to go but be warned! 5/10 is not as easy as 3/6 or 2/4. You should have a good BR for it (t least 500BB). And be sure to go down if you catch a bad run.
      This may be demotivating as you need more time to get the money back on 2/4.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      stop "hating" a limit. Just don't tell yourself that you hate it anymore as this might influnce your thoughts when playing it and then it's even harder to beat it. (That at least what I think.)

I know what you mean and I must agree. But it's not like: I lost 100BB today => I hate this limit... I've spent a lot of time trying to play it and just can't fall in love with 3/6; I can't explain my feelings but it's not negative attitude.
      I concentrate as much as possible when sit down, try to avoid risky play against unknowns, don't play more than 3 tables, review every session ... and I'm happy with 98/100 hands (some of them are not so clear, but not too bad).

You can get tighter in the SB, BB when defending and you can raise a bit tighter in the BU and CO as there is less dead money in the pot.

I do. I think about every blind defense (it's almost automatical on 2/4)what I'd never do before (just check table, push the button) and try to steal according to blind structure & players on blinds (I have huge database)...

The idea about avoiding a limit is definatly a way to go but be warned! 5/10 is not as easy as 3/6 or 2/4. You should have a good BR for it (t least 500BB). And be sure to go down if you catch a bad run.

lol; I went down 5(!) times in last 2 months so I think I'm quite familiar with this option ;)
      I wanted to move with 700BB but it's a looong way from 2/4. I expect it will be much harder to beat, but I don't see any other option now :( Hopefully, big database and good table selection will help a bit...

I think about going for some 1st deposit bonuses to help my BR but not this month. Let's see what 2/4 can offer (8 tabling could help too :) )..

btw: I'll give it 1 more try as soon as BR will reach $4000 and will record it (with sound now) to get feedback and hopefully someone will open my mind :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I've got the same thing :D already down like 350BB on that limit and it feels like there's just no way that I can win a big pot there. Now I'm even struggling to beat 2/4 and I was down like 230BB on there aswell >.<

I've got the same with thinking about which hands to defend and which hands to steal with. And then there's some 30/22 guy which just rampages through 3/6 with like 5BB/100 over 15k hands and he tilts the hell out of me when he hits a 3-outer.