avoid 3/6

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I've tried it for at least 5 times...
      My bankroll was 8 times over $3200 (minimum to play 3/6 for me)...
      I was forced back to 2/4 5 times...

That's short intro :)
      I really hate that limit! Don't know why, I don't like it, don't look forward to play it, don't have fun... I can beat 2/4 anytime I try (with huge deviation during the session sometimes, but still!), I love it, I have fun playing poker, I'm winner there... Give me 1 reason to play 3/6; just 1 good reason, because I don't like poker while playing it.
      I'm not crying about downswing because it's not the problem here - I can get it back on lower limit but I'm fed up with that..

What do you think about avoiding it and building bankroll on 2/4 and then switching to 5/10??? I know it sounds stupid/f***ing crazy but I'm not just spamming - it's serious question.

So, what's your opinion???
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi opal99,

stop "hating" a limit. Just don't tell yourself that you hate it anymore as this might influnce your thoughts when playing it and then it's even harder to beat it. (That at least what I think.)
      It isn't easy (as I have nearly the same feelings about 5/10 :/) but you should think positive about it.

You can get tighter in the SB, BB when defending and you can raise a bit tighter in the BU and CO as there is less dead money in the pot.

The idea about avoiding a limit is definatly a way to go but be warned! 5/10 is not as easy as 3/6 or 2/4. You should have a good BR for it (t least 500BB). And be sure to go down if you catch a bad run.
      This may be demotivating as you need more time to get the money back on 2/4.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      stop "hating" a limit. Just don't tell yourself that you hate it anymore as this might influnce your thoughts when playing it and then it's even harder to beat it. (That at least what I think.)

I know what you mean and I must agree. But it's not like: I lost 100BB today => I hate this limit... I've spent a lot of time trying to play it and just can't fall in love with 3/6; I can't explain my feelings but it's not negative attitude.
      I concentrate as much as possible when sit down, try to avoid risky play against unknowns, don't play more than 3 tables, review every session ... and I'm happy with 98/100 hands (some of them are not so clear, but not too bad).

You can get tighter in the SB, BB when defending and you can raise a bit tighter in the BU and CO as there is less dead money in the pot.

I do. I think about every blind defense (it's almost automatical on 2/4)what I'd never do before (just check table, push the button) and try to steal according to blind structure & players on blinds (I have huge database)...

The idea about avoiding a limit is definatly a way to go but be warned! 5/10 is not as easy as 3/6 or 2/4. You should have a good BR for it (t least 500BB). And be sure to go down if you catch a bad run.

lol; I went down 5(!) times in last 2 months so I think I'm quite familiar with this option ;)
      I wanted to move with 700BB but it's a looong way from 2/4. I expect it will be much harder to beat, but I don't see any other option now :( Hopefully, big database and good table selection will help a bit...

I think about going for some 1st deposit bonuses to help my BR but not this month. Let's see what 2/4 can offer (8 tabling could help too :) )..

btw: I'll give it 1 more try as soon as BR will reach $4000 and will record it (with sound now) to get feedback and hopefully someone will open my mind :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I've got the same thing :D already down like 350BB on that limit and it feels like there's just no way that I can win a big pot there. Now I'm even struggling to beat 2/4 and I was down like 230BB on there aswell >.<

I've got the same with thinking about which hands to defend and which hands to steal with. And then there's some 30/22 guy which just rampages through 3/6 with like 5BB/100 over 15k hands and he tilts the hell out of me when he hits a 3-outer.